Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! This is such a funny time of year weather wise. I feel like everyone I follow on Instagram was either basking in warm spring weather or skiing in fresh powder this weekend! Talk about two polar opposites happening at the same time. It’s been glorious in Charleston this weekend so I spent much of the weekend outside (when I wasn’t doing my taxes). I also celebrated a friend’s birthday last night with a good old fashioned house party, which was so fun! Looking ahead to this week, I’m off to California on Thursday and so excited to friends and to celebrate Edwin’s brother as he gets married!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 96 complete with all your retinol questions answered, 8 proactive ways you can prevent breast cancer, a 25% off sale from one of my favorite designers, tips for how to find the best yoga retreats, a delicious taco bowl recipe, a new earring collection to love, plants 101 + tips from plant pros, a guide for getting your best eyelashes ever, the perfect slingbacks for spring, & more!
P.S. I’m moderating an amazing panel on Thursday, April 4th with Jessie of Loeffler Randall, Lizzie + Kathryn Fortunato of Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, and Stacey Smallwood of Hampden. It is all about women in business and will be fabulous! If you live in Charleston, then I would love to see you there! Snag tickets here! xx
Weekend Reads, No. 96:
1. Eight proactive steps you can take to prevent breast cancer. (camillestyles.com)
3. Plants 101: everything you need to know (+ tips from the pros). (jessannkirby.com)
4. The definitive guide to your best eyelashes ever. (theeverygirl.com)
5. I’m obsessed with this jumpsuit on Mackenzie! (mackenziehoran.com)
6. All your retinol questions answered. (nytimes.com)
7. How to pick the best yoga retreats, what to pack, and more! (thestripe.com)
8. The best months to get married according to your zodiac sign. (overthemoon.com)
9. Congratulations to Jacey! I can’t wait to shop the collection! (damselindior.com)
10. This taco bowl looks so delicious! Definitely planning to make it this month for a fun spring meal. (cookingwithconfetti.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Did y’all know that J.Crew makes bras? I had no idea! I really want to try this t-shirt bra! Looks so comfy.
2. One of my absolute favorite designers, Rebecca Taylor, is having her Friends & Family Sale and offering 25% off with code FAVORTIES25! I’m in love with this floral top, this eyelet dress, this paisley jumpsuit, and this white dress!
4. So excited about this! Jewelry designer, Nicola Bathie, designed an exclusive collection for Anthropologie and it’s divine (some styles are already selling out!). I’m head over heels for these floral shell earrings (similar for less), these heart earrings, and these wicker earrings!
4. I discovered these woven slingbacks this week and just about fell out of my chair… I love them! Do you prefer white or brown?
5. A friend shared this new company with me this week and I’m really into the mission behind it. Meet The Bloomist, an online resource of responsibly sourced, sustainable products that help you bring nature indoors.
6. Is this not the perfect tee?
With Love from R&R:
1. Super easy ways to keep your spring weekends inspired!
2. My under $100 favorite finds for March… so many goodies!
3. This dress is perfect for neutral lovers.
4. Not sure what to wear this season… here’s my breakdown of what’s in for spring.
5. Everything is on sale at Serena & Lily! I shared my favorites as well as the Serena & Lily pieces I already own and love that are on sale.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a creamy avocado smoothie recipe, a guide to wedding invitation wording, advice on the only way to lead each and every day, a white poplin jumpsuit to love, a guide to asking your boss for a raise, words on self love, the spring shoe collaboration I’m obsessed with, and more.