Happy Sunday loves!
I’m sorry to say that it was a regretfully quite week on Rhyme & Reason… I was sick all week long. It was horrible! I had to cancel almost all of my plans and woke up everyday with the thought “I can’t wait until I can go back to bed.” I generally always have a pep in my step so I was in a serious funk from feeling under the weather. I’m so happy to be finally feeling better! Towards the end of my sickness, the sun came out and I went for an hour long walk alone with Maybelle. I felt like a new person afterwards! It is truly amazing what fresh air + sunshine will do for the soul!
Once I kicked my flu, I went to a house warming party this weekend and Edwin and I went on a date night to Renzo for dinner and to see the Charleston Jazz Orchestra perform with Diane Schuur. They played so many classic songs by Cole Porter, Billie Holiday, and more! Such fun! I rounded up some great articles and shopping for y’all below in my Weekend Reads, No. 92! Keep reading for thoughts on being single in your 30s, 13 books becoming movies this year, 50% off my favorite pajamas, a fabulous podcast interviewing Blair Eadie, words to consider about if it’s okay to let a relationship change you, the rings I’m obsessed with right now, at home remedies for acne, a new LA hotel to visit, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 92:
1. I’m super intrigued by this new Los Angeles hotel! I’d love to stay here someday. (katieconsiders.com)
3. Did you know that Rachel Brosnahan was Kate Spade’s niece? I had no idea until I discovered her in the lookbook for the spring 2019 Frances Valentine collection (the line Kate launched before her tragic passing). Rachel paid tribute to Kate Spade, her aunt, in a lovely interview accompanying the lookbook! (francesvalentine.com)
4. Home remedies for acne you’ve probably never tried before. (chalkboardmag.com)
5. Thirteen books becoming movies that you’ll want to read and watch this year. (harbersbazaar.com)
6. A thoughtful reflection on being single in your 30s. Meghan is such an honest, genuine, and sweet person. This blog post is evidence of that! (witwhimsy.com)
7. An organizational expert on getting rid of clutter as an act of wellness. (goop.com)
8. Hayley Bloomingdale gets to know the man behind the new Carolina Herrera woman. (modaoperandi.com)
9. Have you listened to the Bad on Paper podcast yet!? I loved this week’s episode with Blair Eadie! (badonpaperpodcast.com)
10. Is it okay to let a relationship change you? (manrepeller.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Tory Burch released her lettuce ware dining set in pink! I’m head over heels and am coveting it so so much!
2. I just discovered this amazing new-to-me shoe line, ALEPEL. All the shoes are hand-painted by local artists in Miami… über cool!
4. Attention my fellow pajama lovers! Lake Pajamas is having up to 50% off select styles! Snag one of these: one, two, three, four.
6. J.Crew is offering 30% off your purchase or 40% off all orders of $200+ with code GOFORIT. I think this maxi dress will be a go-to for spring and summer, these white jeans are beyond chic, this top + pants set is so cute for the beach, and these classic jeans are the perfect cut!
With Love from R&R:
1. Rain, rain go away… four cute rainy day outfit ideas.
2. The cozy chic top I can’t stop wearing.
3. My February favorite finds under $100.
4. How to wear a classic shirtdress.
6. One of my favorite winter-to-spring looks = a sweater dress! I shared how to wear a sweater dress here.
7. Last Week’s Weekend Reads: a lavender blueberry muffin recipe, a brief history of the 10 most famous Kennedy brides, two thoughtful reflections on weight gain and aging, cute & affordable hair accessories, a dying mother’s letter to her daughters, two travel guides for Dallas and Aspen, a new-to-me earring designer I’m in love with, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph Cameron Wilder