We’ve had a lovely weekend at home in Charleston! It’s been a bright and sunny few days to be outside so we’ve taken advantage by going for walks and bike rides with Maybelle. I attended The Good Fest yesterday with some girlfriends here in Charleston and left feeling so inspired! Edwin and I also popped by our favorite fish market for fresh fish that we cooked at home last night. Honestly, it’s been blissful! Next weekend, I will be very busy with five friends in town so I definitely took this weekend as an opportunity to relax and savor time with Edwin. We did enjoy one fun meal out at Tu. Tu used to have a very interesting and eclectic menu but it recently relaunched with an Indian food menu and my was it delicious! I highly recommend it.
P.S. if you’re looking for more Charleston recommendations, then sneak a peek at my guide to all the new places that have opened in Charleston recently! Also be sure to keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 89 complete with two comprehensive travel guides: London and Harbour Island, Italian cooking school inspiration, Valentine’s pajamas, a cupping Q&A, a new must-shop place for art photography, a classic blue and white sweater on sale, the truth about celery juice, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 89:
2. My girlfriend, Melissa, is in Italy for cooking school for the spring and I cannot tell you how inspired I am by her! Her Instagram is my current favorite account to follow!
3. Six daily habits to reduce inflammation. (camillestyles.com)
5. A cupping Q&A! Edwin does cupping too and swears by it so I loved reading Carly’s post. (carlyahill.com)
6. Obsessed with this super comprehensive guide to London! It includes the best hotels, sights, workouts, beauty, cinemas, restaurants (broken down into coffee shops, brunch, casual, date night, girls night, going out, pubs/bars). (erienick.com)
7. Celery juice: elixir of life or watery wellness lie? (manrepeller.com)
8. Wow this beauty bible is everything and more. (victoriamcginley.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. My heart goes a flutter every time I look at the new Lake Pajamas Valentine’s inspired styles.
2. I’ve started keeping these mini lipsticks in my purse and they are a life saver!
3. My current favorite Tory Burch sweater is on major sale! Blue and white lovers will fall for it.
4. J.McLaughlin is offering up to 70 % off! I adore this lace blouse for work and date night, this classic sweater for everyday wear, this yummy cashmere scarf for a perfect winter to spring layer, and this adorable bow puffer for chilly neighborhood walks.
5. One things for sure, I love a liberty print.
With Love from R&R:
1. Newlywed Checklist: my top tips for newlyweds and great ways to start your marriage out strong.
2. My ‘Spring is Coming’ Wishlist… so ready for all the warm weather styles!
3. Stay tuned: all my Miami recommendations are coming to the blog next week!
4. Believe it or not, it’s almost that time of year already!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a great 30-minute no-prep at-home workout, a 5-day detox plan, a beautiful $48 designer look-a-like scarf, a guide to a romantic Napa Valley escape, tips for buying your first Chanel bag, how to quit drinking coffee, a southern escape, and more!
A few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: as seen here