Happy Sunday! MLK weekend always sneaks up so quickly but I’m always grateful for the long weekend at the beginning of the year. I usually do one of two things: take a trip or stay home to get ahead on resolutions/new year organization. This year, I’m doing both! I’ve been home in Charleston all weekend working ahead for this week but today I’m heading down to Miami for two days with my mom and sister! My mom is already in Florida and it’s about an hour flight for both my sister and me so we’re making the most of a Monday off! How are you spending the long weekend – traveling or rest + relaxation? Either way, I hope it’s wonderful!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 88 complete with a great 30-minute no-prep at-home workout, a 5-day detox plan, a beautiful $48 designer look-a-like scarf, a guide to a romantic Napa Valley escape, tips for buying your first Chanel bag, how to quit drinking coffee, a southern escape, 3 can’t-miss sales, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 88
1. A great 30-minute no-prep at-home workout. (lemonstripes.com)
2. Is anyone suffering from already falling off the new year health train? consider this: Goop’s annual 5 day detox plan. (goop.com)
3. Ten Ted Talks to kick off 2019. (damselindior.com)
4. A romantic guide to a Napa Valley escape this winter. (overthemoon.com)
5. Five healthy mindsets to adopt this year. (helloadamsfamily.com)
6. All the ins and outs of buying your first Chanel bag. (thestripe.com)
7. The Montage Palmetto Bluff has been very high on my travel list but now it’s skyrocketed to the top thanks to Mackenzie’s trip! (mackenziehoran.com)
8. Resort wear to wear now! (adashofdetails.com)
9. I don’t drink coffee or caffeine but you’d be shocked at how often I talk about coffee/caffeine. Every time I go out with someone for work or fun “coffee” I explain that I’ve never drank coffee, which inevitably results in a conversation about the other person professing their love for coffee or professing their desire to wean off it… long story short: 8 things to drink in the morning if you’re trying to quit coffee. (camillestyles.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I have no problem admitting how much I love GP! She’s the best (even though I know not everyone agrees with me). So, I really want to add this to my kitchen.
2. Edwin’s favorite gift from Christmas is the All Birds I got him (I got him this pair in the “Kotare Jo (Natural Black Upper/Light Grey Sole)” color). He literally won’t stop raving about them, ha! So, now I’m thinking I’d like a pair too… thoughts!? Do you have a pair and love them? I’m thinking maybe this pair in “Natural Grey” or “Tuke Midnight”!
3. Sweet stripes.
6. A $48 scarf that looks like it could be Gucci or Hermès.
9. This dress in insanely on sale and a total stunner!
With Love from R&R:
1. A guide to the best NEW places in Charleston!
2. Our year in review: a look back down memory lane at 2018.
3. A fresh take on winter.
6. Strolling down Park City’s Main Street.
7. East Coast sunrises or West Coast sunsets?!
8. The 2019 wedding kickoff!