Happy Monday! Yes, this post was supposed to go up yesterday – I had almost finished it for yesterday but didn’t quite get there so I went ahead and did to share it today. This definitely wasn’t an average weekend for me yet it was one filled with family, friends, and endless love. I flew to Phoenix on Friday to celebrate the beautiful but too short life of one of my most favorite people. I write this through both tears of sadness and tears of joy because I feel blessed to have had her in my life. I’m so lucky to have so many tremendous relationships in my life and it’s so important to cherish each and every one, especially around the holidays!
I’ll be staying in Arizona for the week until I fly to Los Angeles to meet Edwin and celebrate the days leading up to Christmas with his family (Edwin is in Africa for work so he was unable to be here this weekend). I’m sad to miss this festive week in Charleston (I love the city SO much during Christmastime!) but it just made more sense time wise and cost wise to stay on the west coast. So, I’m excited to have some low key time this week with family and friends before the holiday madness kicks off on Friday! As always, I’d love to have you following along on Instagram. I absolutely adore sharing with y’all this time of year!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 86 complete with an NYC holiday visitor’s guide, the best podcasts pf 2018, a delicious Christmas cocktail to make at home, tips for boosting your immune system before flu season arrives, a cute winter outfit on sale, how to take photos of yourself you’ll actually like, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 86:
1. An NYC holiday visitor guide! (carlyahill.com)
2. I love this campaign to spread joy and kindness this holiday season! (witwhimsy.com)
3. What do I do with my hands in photos? And other important questions answered… aka how to take pictures of yourself you’ll actually like. (I love the writer of this article – she’s amazing on Instagram!). (marieclaire.com)
4. How to boost your immune system before flu season rolls in. (theeverygirl.com)
5. The inflammation-fighting food you should be adding to everything. (mindbodygreen.com)
6. A cranberry rosemary French 75 Christmas cocktail to make this week. (theglitterguide.com)
7. The best podcasts of 2018. (newyorker.com)
8. Four hotels that are so much more than hotels. (goop.com)
9. A list of things we consistently regret but continue to do. (manrepeller.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Anthropologie is offering 30% off everything all weekend (clothes, accessories, home, beauty, holiday)! Snag this cable knit sweater, these cream cropped pants, this leopard skirt, this pastel coat, and this yummy sweater dress.
3. J.Crew is offering 40% off 4+ styles, 30% off 3 styles, and 20% off two styles with code MOREISMORE. I love these pieces together for a casual meets fun wintery look: sweater, jeans, coat, boots, earrings!
4. An adorable ruffle top for only $85!
5. Red hot and fabulous.
6. How fun is this purse!?
With Love from R&R:
1. Jewelry designer, Hart Hagerty, featured me and my jewelry collection this week on her blog! She is such a star and it was a privilege to be involved with her new series.
2. How to wear a sweater dress… aka one of my favorite winter looks.
3. I’m thrilled to introduce the Jillian Dress!
4. Our 2018 Christmas Card! Does anyone else find Christmas cards to be one of the best parts of the holiday season?
5. Three can’t-miss gift guides: Gift Guide for the Party Girl, Gift Guide for the Girl Heading to the Beach for the Holidays, Gift Guide for the Charleston Lover.
7. The best things to do in Charleston this holiday season!
9. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe, the best books of 2018, the best holiday shop for art lovers, 4 festive holiday cocktails, tips for how to meet new people in person (not online), a gorgeous jeweled sweater, a must-visit spot in Palm Beach, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: as seen here.