Happy Sunday! It’s not technically a holiday weekend but it sure does feel like it! My parents and sister arrived in Charleston this weekend early for Thanksgiving and it’s already been so fun all being together. This afternoon, Edwin and I are shooting a little something for the holidays with my girlfriend Hannah and then my family is off to Melfi’s for dinner. My brother, Edwin, and I have all been since we live here but the rest of the family hasn’t and I’m so excited for them to try it!
One more thing to note: I listed a bunch of new pieces yesterday on Poshmark so take a look! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 84 complete with a Mexican hot cocoa holiday recipe, a grown-up party game, 20% off the beauty line I wear everyday, the easiest “homemade” holiday gift, different ways to help those affected by the fires in California, my houndstooth favorites, everything you need to know before insuring an engagement ring, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 84:
1. Easily my favorite blogger who talks about motherhood (she’s not a full on mom blogger, so I’m not labeling her as that, ha!), just relaunched her site to be focused more on what’s important to her – family! – and it looks amazing! Plus, have you ever seen cuter family photos?! (helloadamsfamily.com)
2. How delicious does this Mexican hot cocoa for the holidays recipe look? YUM! (withlovefromkat.com)
3. The sweetest grown-up party game that will make you laugh, cry, the whole thing. (acupofjo.com)
5. How to help those affected by the California fires. I donated through Baby2Baby & Target. (goop.com)
6. A hot cocoa kit: the easiest “homemade” gift (that everyone will love). (jacquelynclark.com)
7. Everything you need to know about insuring an engagement ring. (overthemoon.com)
8. Sixteen Southern cities that should be on your travel radar in 2019. (mydomaine.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I just ordered this jeweled holiday sweater in burgundy!
3. I think one of the best gifts to give and receive is art! There are so many big names in art in Charleston but I wanted to share two incredibly talented Charleston artists you may not be familiar with: Haley Mathewes and Whitney Stoddard.
6. I’m obsessed with this cropped faux fur coat.
8. Yahoo, I listed a bunch of new pieces yesterday on Poshmark so take a peek!
With Love from R&R:
1. My gift guide for her is here complete with clothes, accessories, and more!
2. Statement sweaters for winter including the cutest stripe number.
3. The best little black dress you will ever own.
4. Fall wardrobe staples to wear into winter.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: delicious Thanksgiving recipes, an autumn beauty DIY, an adorable corduroy dress, the ultimate fall beauty look, everything you need to know about supplements, ideas for how to get out of a career rut, and more!
7. Four days until Thanksgiving! Are you ready?
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole