Happy Sunday! What a weekend! My weekend kicked off with a really fun and chatty dinner at Melfi’s with one of my girlfriends. Melfi’s is a new spot in Charleston that we were so excited to try. Everything we’d heard was true… it was so delicious, the service was amazing, and the atmosphere was on point! Add it to your Charleston restaurant list! Then, all day yesterday (and all day today too!), Edwin and I packed and moved, womp womp. Our house remodel won’t be done until the new year but we have to leave our rental (we were month to month and our landlords got someone who wanted to move in for a year so, we’re out!). We are moving into my parents house in Charleston for the next couple months.
Moving is never fun but we’re getting it done! The weekend was made a lot better by two fun workouts with friends at The Works and Revolution. Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 77 complete with a gluten free apple cinnamon muffin recipe, 10 awesome podcasts to listen to now (we’re obsessed with Slow Burn!), NYC date night spots, the must-read new book of fall, what to expect if you quit social media for over a month, 18 classic fall films, an autumn candle I love, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 77
1. How Blair Eadie’s career with Gap Inc. catapulted her to one of today’s top fashion bloggers… p.s. Blair’s reveal in the last question makes me so sad! I love following her on a daily basis! (corporate.gapinc.com)
2. Did ya hear? Fall started yesterday! I’m kicking off my fall baking this weekend with these gluten free apple cinnamon muffins. They would have been perfect at this brunch. (sullivanstreeteats.com)
4. An amazing roundup of date night spots in New York City. (happilyevaafter.com)
5. During our drive to Atlanta last week for the evacuation, we were looking for a new podcast to listen to! I referenced this guide to 10 awesome podcasts and was happy to see this roundup of Julia’s favorite podcasts. P.S. we’re obsessed with Slow Burn! (kellyinthecity.com & galmeetsglam.com)
6. 18 classic fall films you should watch this autumn. (townandcountry.com)
7. Is it just me or does it look like Lucy just stepped out of a Ralph Lauren ad? (lucycuneo.com)
8. This is what happens when you quit social media for 40 days. (mydomaine.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. Oh my gosh! I love reading Liane Moriarty books! I’m assuming everyone else loves her too now even if you haven’t read her books thanks to the Big Little Lies show… either way, preorder her newest book, Nine Perfect Strangers, now! She’s such a talented writer!
3. I know these loafers aren’t the cheapest but they are truly my favorite loafers I own – fresh, timeless, and chic. These two colors are on point for fall too!
5. A sleek, minimalist, beautiful under $50 bag.
6. Anthropologie is offering 20% off clothing and home, this weekend only! I like these three tops (one, two, three) and am an easy sell for fall candles (I love this one every year in ‘Pumpkin Soufflé‘).
With Love from R&R:
1. What we did during our evacuation to Atlanta from Hurricane Florence (including every place we ate & what I wore).
2. Eeeeek! I shared our wedding video this week on R&R! I hope you loved it!
3. How to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall + my tips for what y’all should be buying this season.
4. A sneak peak of a new outfit coming to the blog tomorrow!
5. I hope everyone had a happy first day of fall yesterday!
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: how to help the victims of Hurricane Florence, a 2018 fall foliage map, 15 books to read if you love the British royal family, an adorable looking affordable fleece, the top trends to wear this season (and what not to wear!), the prettiest autumn sweater I’ve seen yet, a delicious one-pan roasted chicken recipe, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: as seen here