Happy Sunday! I’d be lying if I said this week wasn’t a bit crazy. The days have really dragged on and on as we watched the slow progression of hurricane Florence. We evacuated Charleston on Tuesday night and drove to Atlanta to stay with my sister. Last year, we did not evacuate Hurricane Irma but we opted to play it safe this year. It was a difficult decision and I was really so sad to leave Charleston! For over the past week, the hurricane has been on everyone’s minds in Charleston and the news has really gone back and forth about how badly Charleston would be hit. In the grand scheme of things, it could have been much much worse for us but my heart absolutely breaks for everyone severely affected by the hurricane in North Carolina.
We’ve kept the week going in Atlanta by sticking to a normal schedule of working and exercising during the day. We’ve had some fun dinners at night and saw my aunt and uncle, so overall it’s been great but not what we expected for the week! I hope everyone has had a wonderful and safe weekend! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 76 complete with a 2018 fall foliage map, 15 books to read if you love the British royal family, a delicious looking affordable fleece, the top trends to wear this season (and what not to wear!), the prettiest autumn sweater I’ve seen yet, a delicious one-pan roasted chicken recipe, and more!
P.S. If you want to help the victims of Hurricane Florence, then read this article. It includes 10 easy things you can do now to help! xx
Weekend Reads, No. 76:
1. 2018 interactive fall foliage map. I die for fall foliage (Edwin thinks I’m insane). (smokymountains.com)
2. One-pan roasted chicken with a trick for leftovers. Does this look delicious or what!? (cupofjo.com)
3. Fifteen books to read if you can’t get enough of the British royal family. (huffingtonpost.com)
4. Four trends that are officially out for fall 2018 and what to wear instead. (purewow.com)
5. Can happiness really be taught? (positiveprescription.com)
6. Nine beauty ingredients that are banned overseas but legal in the US. (byrdie.com)
7. Are you ready to talk about your body? Maybe now is the time? Thoughts to read and reflect on. (manrepeller.com)
8. Maybe your sleep problem isn’t a sleep problem? Edwin, this one’s for you! (nytimes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. How perfect is this half-zip fleece!? I’m obsessed with the white version with pink trim but it also comes in 5 other colors & is only $68.
2. My sister-in-law has this purse so now I want this purse!
5. This is Feminine, beautiful, and cozy!
6. This dress is a stunner for fall and is 40% off… it’s such a good price for this designer!
7. Holy heck this is beautiful!
With Love from R&R:
1. My September favorite finds under $100… head into fall without breaking the bank!
2. An al fresco summer to fall brunch… ready for you fall!
3. Your most frequently asked questions on my best friendship with Allison.
4. The monogram shop you need to know about.
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: 7 emerging US wine regions other than Napa, what to read this month, September horoscopes, the new must-have face mask everyone will be talking about, John Krasinski’s favorite episode of The Office, the four most underrated food cities in America, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph as seen here