Happy Sunday everyone! I’ve been in New York City this weekend for one of my girlfriend’s birthdays! I absolutely love the city in the summer. I adore time spent in the Hamptons too but it’s hard to beat a summer weekend in the city when everyone flees for the beach and you feel like you have the city all to yourself. I’m sneaking in a couple meetings tomorrow and then heading back to Charleston in the evening.
After a lot of travel in May and June so far, I’m really looking forward to being home the rest of the month! I hope everyone has enjoyable Sunday plans! We’re doing a birthday brunch at Old Rose today but if you are just at nesting at home, then sneak a peak at my Summer Reading List for a wonderful new book to curl up with! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 66 for a soon-to-be must-watch show, two summer travel guides, Lauren Conrad’s favorite female run small businesses, thoughts on what Kate Spade meant to the fashion and consumer world, my favorite pieces from Tuckernuck, and more. Enjoy! xx
Weekend Reads, No. 66
1. One of my favorite bloggers to follow took a look back at her wedding and it’s so wonderful! (overthemoon.com)
2. Having spent a decent amount of time in the Hamptons thanks to a summer share house in 2015 and my aunt and uncle’s always generous invitations to come stay, I’m super interested in checking out the Long Island village of Bellport thanks to this travel guide. (rlmag.com)
3. Yikes a bee! I cannot wait for this show to come out. (guestofaguest.com)
4. Like many of us, I still can’t get over the sudden passing of Kate Spade. Her designs meant so much to so many women. I loved this NY Times article on the fashion designer and on what Kate Spade stood for. (nytimes.com)
5. I love Ali’s chic all white summer outfit. (adashoffetails.com)
6. Lauren Conrad’s favorite female owned small businesses are so on point. (laurenconrad.com)
7. This week marked the 20th anniversary of my all-time favorite show, Sex and the City. This article on the NYC restaurants the SATC girls ate at that are still open today is so amazing! (people.com)
8. A Chicago summer travel guide… I need to get to this city again soon! (carlyahill.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. A few must-haves from Tuckernuck: stripes for under $100, my favorite espadrilles in the cutest raspberry color, statement stud earrings for under $50, a budget-friendly bow top, the chicest shoes, and this Nantucket cutie!
4. Bloomingdales is having their ‘Buy More Save More’ SALE through tonight… they are offering 20% off orders of $100-$249, 25% off orders of $250-$499, and 30% off orders of $500+.
5. This bathing suit has July 4th written all over it!
6. Well isn’t this the cutest!?
7. There are some pretty great Father’s Day gift recommendations in this gift guide!
With Love from R&R:
1. It’s beach read season! Check out my Summer Reading List 2018 for a complete guide of what to read this season.
3. Stay tuned! This lacy outfit is coming to R&R next week.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the ultimate guide to London, a huge roundup of the best sunscreens for summer, the best grown up acne treatments, a swoon-worthy Florida spot to visit, the sweater you need for July 4th, and more!
5. Don’t miss a photo from our wedding! P.S. many more still to come!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites: