Happy Sunday! What a beautiful weekend we’re having in Charleston! We have friends visiting so it has been wonderful to spend time with them in our city. Rowan slept over at my parents’ house on Friday night so Edwin and I had a proper date night and night out with our friends. Waking up and having a morning off of Rowan’s morning routine was a lovely little change of pace yesterday morning too. We took a long walk around the neighborhood and ate breakfast outside at the new French café Le Chambertin, which we love! We grilled at my parents house yesterday evening while watching The Masters. Today, we’re venturing out with our visiting friends and watching Masters Sunday (aka one of the best sports days of the year!). Our friends leave tomorrow afternoon so we’re excited for a great last two days with them!
Charleston is shining in all her spring glory right now.
Jasmine season is upon us and I just can’t wait! Life always feels so full in Charleston in the spring because everyday is more spectacular than the last. What a joy it is to live here. The below photos are from Rowan’s first time out on the water this week. His face in the photo on the left just cracks me up – he was very skeptical of his life vest! More Charleston spring and summer days on the water are to come for our little guy!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.149 complete with thoughts on deciding between paying for a wedding or a home, what to wear and bring hiking this spring, tips on how to find a nanny, reflections on the comparison and judgement of women and motherhood on social media, the Paris resource all Froncofiles need to know about, new music recommendations, the story behind the founding of Minnow Swim (aka the cutest kids swimwear company), the bridal registry changing the game in the wedding industry, a few antique treasures, and more!
Weekend Reads, No.149
1. I love this breakdown on making the big life decision of choosing between a wedding or a home from Jenn. (stylecharade.com)
2. What to wear hiking this spring… when it comes to anything fitness related, I always trust Carly’s recs! (carlyahill.com)
3. Two recent mothering related posts I enjoyed reading from Danielle: how to find a part-time nanny and the comparison and judgment of women and motherhood on social media. (danielle-moss.com)
4. Francofiles, I’ve got a treat to share with you! My friend Meghan launched a membership for her Paris Perfected platform that is a virtual Francophile community with special members-only content, first looks at new Paris spots, virtual events, exclusive promo codes for Francophile-inspired brands and products (that will be for Members and Members only), recipes and more. So excited for Meghan on this new venture! (witwhimsy.com)
5. A look back at Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald’s wedding and rowdy honeymoon. (overthemoon.com)
6. The pandemic shrank many social circles to a skeleton crew… maybe that’s not such a bad thing. (nytimes.com)
7. In a music rut? Read the comments on this post for lots of new music recs! (cupofjo.com)
9. I recently learned about The Wealth Edit – an online membership-based community where women talk about personal finance, entrepreneurship, and investing – because they are coming to Charleston this coming week. They have lots of amazing resources for female entrepreneurs so I thought some of y’all would be interesting in learning more! (wealthedit.com)
Shopping & Sales
1. My girlfriend just shared the new-to-me company Bluebird In A Box with me and it’s such a clever concept, I had to share! The concept behind Bluebird In A Box is to make hosting seamless with curated themed gathering ideas that include what to serve, how to set the table, what music to play, what the invites look like, as well as best practices, timelines and checklists. They also just launched a subscription service with lots of hosting themes! They were so kind to extend my readers a discount of 10% off with code ‘JILLIANEVERSOLE10’. Just in time for spring and summer gatherings!
3. I’ve got a major crush on these espadrilles.
6. Gorgeous cheese boards, made in America, inspired by the classic look of a boat… is it summer yet?
8. This hat is so cute and timeless + a great price!
With Love from R&R
1. Elevated white tops for spring.
2. How to spend 36 hours in Charleston… you can actually fit a lot in!
3. Tablescape ideas for spring because there’s nothing better than gathering around a beautiful table with good food and good people.
4. Are birth plans necessary? My thoughts + my birth plan.
5. The 25% discount you need to know about for your closet, your home, and your kiddos.
6. Easter basket ideas for littles… lots of my finds are perfect for spring in general and not just Easter.
7. My last Weekend Reads: historic European hotels and homes, musings on New York City, new books I want to read, a swoon-worthy Nantucket wedding on a boat, dreamy pajamas for spring, what to make with lemons this season, thoughts on friendship breakups, a new French design coffee table book to scoop up, and more!