Happy Sunday! We were in California at the beginning of the week and then Rowan and I flew back home to Charleston mid-week. Edwin flies home today after a shoot he had this week in Los Angeles (I CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE HIM HOME). It was a wonderful week and a half in California seeing family. We had some very bittersweet moments that I might share some reflections on down the road but we shall see. I’m full of emotion and I think I’ll be processing it for quite some time to come. It is always great to be back home though! Of the four times Rowan has flown, I’ve done it alone with him three of the times so I feel like I’m slowly but surely becoming a bit of a pro at it.
After a few more trips when I really have things down, I’ll write a post on traveling with littles! I invested in some packing cubes for this most recent trip that were a phenomenal help at keeping me organized with all of Rowan’s stuff this trip. We are now home, unpacked, and settled… ready for spring in Charleston! The best time of year in our city! We’ve had some gorgeous spring weather since getting home as well as some very chilly gloomy weather. I’m hoping this is the last burst of winter we’re experiencing! A really fun girls night this week gave me a major pep in my step so now I just need the weather to align with my mood. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.148 complete with historic European hotels and homes, musings on New York City, new books I want to read, a swoon-worthy Nantucket wedding on a boat, dreamy pajamas for spring, what to make with lemons this season, thoughts on friendship breakups, a new French design coffee table book to scoop up, and more!
Weekend Reads, No.148:
1. Adding the historic European hotels and homes Stacie loves to my travel bucket list. (stacieflinner.com)
2. Have you ever had a friendship breakup? (cupofjo.com)
3. I agree with the other Magpie readers out there… I am selfishly going to miss Jen’s musings on New York City when she moves to DC. (thefashionmagpie.com)
4. Welp, I now have 20+ new books I want to read! (stephaniehowell.com)
5. The best croissants in New York City. (witwhimsy.com)
6. This couple had their civil wedding ceremony on a boat in the middle of Nantucket Harbor and I’m obsessed. (overthemoon.com)
7. A wonderful roundup of Asian creators to follow from the talented Jenn Lake. (instagram.com/jenniferlake)
8. I simply can’t resist a lemon pasta. (minimalistbaker.com)
9. Speaking of lemons, a guide to what you can make with lemons this season. (couldihavethat.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. How sweet are these trinket dishes? I love them for a bedside table.
3. Does anyone use stair baskets for staying organized? Am I missing out? Do I need these?
4. I just pre-ordered this coffee table book and am beyond excited for it to arrive! I know it will have me dreaming of European travel!
5. I ordered these packing cubes for Rowan in navy and had them personalized. They were so great on our recent trip to California! Organization with a baby while traveling is KEY.
6. My shopping for Rowan continues with a pair of Cadet shorts. They are just TOO cute! P.S. These run very small.
7. Are these cocktail themed coin purses not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?
With Love From R&R:
1. Fresh ways to dress up your spring tablescapes.
2. How to prepare for a new baby… my top tips!
3. Our new bedding + other inspired bedding for spring.
4. My last Weekend Reads: the brilliant new branding agency you need to know about, a swoon-worthy Maine wedding, Jenna Lyons’ life after J.Crew, a deliciously fresh citrus margarita recipe, career advice for those starting out in their 20s, thoughts on glass ceilings for working moms, a great book list for 2021, how to diversify your kids’ at home libraries, the mirror of my dreams, one of my favorite purses on sale, and more.