Happy Sunday! Where did this week go? Edwin was working out of town for most of the week so Rowan and I had lots of cuddly quality time together. I was able to fit in some friend time yesterday with a brunch at Obstinate Daughter, which felt great to mix in with my mom time. The mom life, work life, personal life balance is an everyday thing but I do really try to find a balance throughout the week (I’ve found that finding a balance throughout individual days isn’t really possible but, lately, I have been trying to do at least one thing a day for me). It was really quite dreary in Charleston this week so the sunshine we’ve been having this weekend has seriously boosted my mood. I honestly don’t have much to report… maybe this coming week will be more exciting!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.146 complete with an amazing list of recently-published children’s books, ways to pitch in on MLK Day, your 2021 horoscope, an ode to Nancy Meyers, US national parks ranked best to worst, NYT Cooking’s 50 most popular recipes of 2020, anti-trends for 2021 that I’m obsessed with, the bralettes I want to try, and more.
Weekend Reads, No.146
1. Ways to pitch in on MLK Day. (gardenandgun.com)
3. A fantastic post! Favorite recently-published children’s books. If you’re a parent, take a look at this post. (thefashionmagpie.com)
4. Your 2021 horoscope is here! I’m really happy with what I read about mine. (cosmopolitan.com)
5. You know the classic question, “who are three people, dead or alive, you want to invite to a dinner party?” Well, I always count Nancy Meyers as one of them so this ‘Nancy Meyers Week‘ really got me! (vulture.com)
6. This is so sad… it breaks my heart to see. (curbed.com)
7. US national parks ranked from best to worst. I’m not surprised by #1! (reneeroaming.com)
8. The 50 most popular recipes of 2020 from NYT Cooking (aka the bible of recipes). (cooking.nytimes.com)
9. Anti-trends for 2021. I love seeing the rise of #6! (theglampad.com)
10. A new resource for those of us in the Charleston community to find volunteer opportunities. (growpurpose.com)
11. Great book recommendations if you’re looking for a new read to start the year with! (witwhimsy.com)
12. BEST NEWS. (deadline.com)
Shopping & Sales
2. Has anyone burned this candle in their house!? I’ve heard amazing things!
3. These tulip themed plates are so gorgeous! I particularly love them in green.
4. I’ve heard rave about these bralettes but haven’t tried them myself yet… dying to! Have you worn them?
With Love from R&R
1. Setting a fresh table for the new year… green, blue, and white tablescape inspiration!
2. Your top 15 favorite posts from 2020.
3. Great baby announcement ideas for anyone welcoming a little into the world.
4. Celebrating our third wedding anniversary in Cashiers.
5. Rowan’s first Christmas… such a magical time!
6. How to set realistic goals for the new year + my 2021 goals.
7. Decluttering my closet for the new year.
8. My last Weekend Reads: Martha Stewart’s ultimate kitchen tips, reflections on miscarriage, a delicious sweet potato recipe, a guide to painting porcelain plates, the cutest new place to stay in Charleston, clean lip balms, the surprise Taylor Swift documentary, and more.