Happy Sunday! I’m SO beyond excited today because Edwin and I are off on our babymoon! We had a different babymoon planned for July that we had to cancel due to Covid but we couldn’t be more excited about the relaxed few days we have planned now for our second attempt at a babymoon (P.S. My sister is a travel advisor and she booked our babymoon for us – she was incredibly helpful during the whole process with cancelling our first babymoon and helping us pick a new destination to rebook! Travel advisors are invaluable always but especially during unprecedented times like right now!).
We’re driving a few hours to North Carolina and just over the moon to have a change of scenery, be in the mountains, explore somewhere new together, and to clock in some quality time together before our new addition joins our family. Honestly, we’ve been looking forward to this so much that you’d think we were going to Europe for two weeks (ohhh what living in a Covid world will do to your outlook)! I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Keep reading my Weekend Reads, No. 141 complete with a guide to thriving postpartum, the yummiest summer panzanella salad recipe, brilliant storage hacks for tiny living spaces, the organizing service you need to know about if you live in Charleston, the unique history of toile, Jackie Kennedy’s waffle recipe, a character-filled cozy cottage by the sea, the most creative fashion-forward quarantine creation project, the children’s book I’m excited to add to our nursery library, a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale splurge vs. steal, and more!
Weekend Reads No.141
1. I just learned about this Postpartum Thrive Guide to help families plan for what life will look like after bringing a new baby home. Think: everything including visitors, recovery, feeding, sleep, parental leave, childcare, and self care. (sleepsessions.co)
2. Yum, this summer panzanella salad looks divine and sounds so easy to make. (caitlinconfidential.com)
3. Storage hacks for tiny apartments and living spaces that actually make sense. (pretaprovost.com)
4. For anyone who lives in Charleston, I wanted to share a new-to-me business I discovered this week called Orderly! The cutest gal, Logan, started the professional organizing company. Her prices are so reasonable! (orderlysc.com)
5. I love this post on the history of toile. I had no idea it originated in Ireland. (fenimorelane.com)
6. Jackie Kennedy’s waffle recipe… yes please! (instagram.com)
7. Hillary Conheady is in the middle of the cutest quarantine creation project that’s she’s calling the ‘Seven Shades of Hill Heady.’ I’m just loving watching what she’s styling and coming up with!
8. I’m swooning over this cozy cottage by the sea. The antiques! (countryliving.com)
9. Why do rom coms still treat turning 30 as a death sentence? (shondaland.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Holy heck have you ever seen cuter dog beds!?
2. I need to add this children’s book to our baby’s library! I love Teil’s work so much so I adore the fact that she illustrated this book.
4. Looking to add some color to your kitchen? I’m literally swooning over the Spanish ceramics brand Pomelo Casa. It inspires me to cook and makes me want to travel!
5. A few Nordstrom Anniversary Sale favorites I stumbled upon his week: a timeless trench coat / an über cozy light blue speckled sweater / a must-have faux fur jacket / a polished long sweater coat / a chic pair of light wash straight leg jeans / cotton candy colored turtleneck sweater.
6. I’m having a moment with these sea inspired earrings.
8. A new place to shop for edible flower and herb cookies.
9. Currently coveting one of Sue Sartor’s Paloma dresses.
11. Tory Burch’s private sale is happening now (up to 70% off)! Snag this smocked dress, this one piece (it’s one of my favorite bathing suits!), this tote bag, this shrift dress, these leather + suede boots, this ruffle dress (so cute this boots transitioning from summer to fall!), and this shirtdress.
With Love from R&R:
1. I shared my baby registry essentials list this week! I broke it down into the most important categories including transportation, feeding, bathing, diapering, baby gear, nursery decor, and more.
2. An ode to perhaps my favorite summer accessory… purses!
3. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a creative push to encourage you to vote, infertile influencers open up, books to read if you love the royals, the most influential women of the last century since the signing of the 19th amendment, the most inspired new New England brand that just launched, the sad reality in New York City (and so many cities) right now, the cutest earrings ever, the vintage store I’m dying to visit in Kennebunkport, and more.
4. I miss you!