Happy Sunday! Summer weekends tend to be one of two things: slow and leisurely or busy and bursting with activity. This has been a really nice slow and leisurely weekend. The weekend has consisted of yummy meals at home, neighborhood walks (when I snapped the below photo), Peloton rides, playing with our dogs, needlepointing, and reading. I must admit I’ve been dreaming of the beach or the pool so I think next weekend will include a dip in the water! In other news, I had never seen The Good Wife but started it this summer and finished it over the weekend. I’m sad it’s over but happy there is a spin-off to watch now. How has your weekend been? Have you been active or relaxed!?
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.139 complete with the best tips for Instagram reels, a gorgeous “Amalfi on the Chesapeake” inspired wedding, steps to start your own blog, focaccia four ways, perfect summer 2020 beach reads, a summer flower personality test, the new cookbook I’m dying to get my hands on, an online destination to shop curated vintage art, and more!
Weekend Reads, No.139:
1. The best tips for Instagram reels… so helpful and makes me excited to try them! (stylecharade.com)
2. Such a gorgeous wedding! I love the “Amalfi on the Chesapeake” theme! (overthemoon.com)
3. Now this is a cocktail I’m dying to make when I’m no longer pregnant… shaken (not blended) pina coladas. (martha stewart.com)
4. My gorgeous girlfriend, Megan Pinckney, just did a wonderful interview with Orchard Mile! She spills on her style icons, her favorite trends, and the best piece of advice she’s ever received. (orchardmile.com)
5. How to start a blog in a weekend. (theeverygirl.com)
6. Yummy focaccia four ways. (thekitchykitchen.com)
7. Have you ever dreamed of moving to Italy for cooking school? My girlfriend Melissa did it and is now a private chef and owner of a pasta and pizza company. Read about her Italian culinary journey here! (shopfleuri.com/blog)
8. Perfect summer 2020 beach reads. (southernliving.com)
9. How cute is this summer flower personality test? (cupofjo.com)
10. My grandmother collected stamps and I know she’d love this article on the love of old stamps. (gardenandgun.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. Thrilled about the new Lycette Designs website! Congrats! It’s going to be hard to resist shopping.
3. Beau & Ro just started carrying Sika (!!!) and it is already selling fast! Get it while it’s hot!
4. Hannah Alyssa just launched Nantucket prints this week in her print shop! They are sooooooo dreamy. Use code “HYDRANGEAS” for 25% off.
5. A touch of tassel summer fun.
6. A wonderful online destination for curated vintage art. I’d love it all!
7. This dress is over $200 off and now under $100! Such a style steal.
8. Just reordered two of my most favorite skincare items: coconut citrus body scrub (I’m not a huge scrub person but I die for this product!) and the best gentle toner (toner is a must in everyone’s skincare routine!).
9. Heads up: one of my favorite purses is on sale!
With Love from R&R:
1. I shared my second trimester recap this week… pits and peaks, symptoms, a Q&A, what we’re planning for the third trimester, and more.
2. The cutest face masks on the internet.
3. the easiest and most refreshing drink you’ll make all summer long.
4. Block print favorites for summer: dresses, tops, accessories, and more.
5. Classic outfit ideas for guys with lots of recommendations from Edwin.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the best apartment in New York City, a guide to tying the knot in your backyard, 15 Charleston black bloggers to follow, how to create your own 101 in 1001 list, ideas for creating family traditions, the most beautiful active outdoor vacations, a guide to creating a non-toxic nursery, a new-to-me artist I’m obsessed with, Nantucket made candles, a huge sale with my top picks, and more.