Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great July so far. I’m definitely embracing a summer mindset even though we aren’t eating out and doing lots of summery things we usually do. Being in California the past few weeks staying with family has truly been a breath of fresh air. We love our house and Charleston but I didn’t realize how much a change of scenery would lift my spirits and soul (especially since we aren’t expecting to be able to travel really the rest of the year once I’m too close to my September due date to fly and once we have a newborn in the world of Covid-19).
It has been a blessing to see our West Coast loved ones and spend as much time as possible at the beach since we don’t know when we’ll be able to be on the West Coast next (fingers crossed for the holidays once our baby is over 8 weeks old and depending on the safety of the world). I found some great links this week to share so be sure to keep reading and enjoy your summer Sunday!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 135 complete with summer drinks without alcohol, an honest look at what egg freezing looks like, delicious peach recipes to savor this summer, how grandmillennial style brings traditional and peaceful decor into a home, a wonderful California hotel guide, black bridal professionals and wedding vendors you need to know about, two coffee table books I preordered this week & can’t wait for, a guide to shopping online auctions, delicious lobster roll kits, and more!
Weekend Reads No.135:
1. A super comprehensive guide to shopping online auctions. I would honestly LOVE to be great at this! (katieconsiders.com)
2. Summer drinks without alcohol… right up my alley! (jessannkirby.com)
3. I love these makeup tips and tricks especially the white eyeshadow trick! (witwhimsy.com)
4. I really admire Jacey for sharing her egg freezing experience. There are so many different roads to motherhood and I truly believe we all benefit from sharing our stories! (damselindior.com)
5. 12 delicious peach recipes to savor this summer. (camillestyles.com)
6. The ‘grandmillennial’ style brings tradition and peaceful decor into the home… love this read! (washingtonpost.com)
7. I’m feeling very lucky, in the last few weeks, I’d say that I’ve honestly had more than a few golden moments… that’s what summer does! What about you? (thefashionmagpie.com)
8. Four DIY Immunity boosting tea recipes to try today. (waitingonmartha.com)
9. This California Hotel Guide is incredible and so well organized! It breaks down where to stay in each region/city/town and shares what each hotel is doing in terms of Covid. (seatocitytravels.com)
10. Black bridal professionals and wedding vendors you need to know. (overthemoon.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. I’m dying over these placemats. Have you ever seen anything cuter!?
3. A few items I’m swooning over from Madewell that are on sale and available in tons of sizes: floral dress // embroidered dress // linen midi dress // striped tiered dress // ruffled top // mid-rise classic straight jeans.
4. Has anyone tried this wrinkle release spray? I just ordered it!
7. This is amazing! Edwin and I went to Kennebunkport summer 2015 and loved The Clam Shack… you can order online and ship their lobster roll kits nationwide in the US! Done and done.
8. Swooning over Ariel Okin’s wallpaper collection that recently launched. Gorg!
9. The loveliest affordable scarves for summer (many of which are on sale!).
10. The cutest natural headband under $10.
With Love from R&R:
1. My top summer hostess gifts to bring to family and friends this summer who host for safe dinners and travel stays.
2. Sharing our special news… we’re expecting in September!
3. Also, sharing the heartache we went through to get to our happy news… I had a miscarriage.
4. Showering Baby Eversole in Laguna Beach. The happiest day!
5. Gorgeous embroidered dresses for summer.
6. My most recommended summer must-haves from the best white tees to natural purses to cropped denim.
7. Summer date ideas that are safe, creative, cost-effective, and fun to do summer 2020.
8. The best parks in Charleston so we can all get outside this summer.
9. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a delicious apricot galette recipe, 12 children’s books that celebrate diversity, refreshing summer cocktails, great beach reads + amazing thrillers to read, the best tv shows of 2020, a fantastically fun new clothing collection, fashion questions answered, gorgeous botanical watercolor illustrations, a all America home celebration collection, and more!