Happy Sunday and happy Father’s Day! It’s so great to have a chance to celebrate my amazing dad today! He is really a one-of-a-kind man and the best father. My dad encourages me to put my heart and mind into anything I feel inspired or called to do and is always my biggest cheerleader. How’d I get so lucky to have my dad as my dad? I also feel so fortunate to have a wonderful father-in-law who is so thoughtful and interested in me and my life. Today is a celebration of my dad, my father-in-law, my incredible late grandfathers, and all the dads and dads-to-be out there. I hope everyone has a great day celebrating with their dads today!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.134 complete with a delicious apricot galette recipe, 12 children’s books that celebrate diversity, refreshing summer cocktails, great beach reads + amazing thrillers to read, the best tv shows of 2020, a fantastically fun new clothing collection, fashion questions answered, gorgeous botanical watercolor illustrations, a 4th of July home celebration collection, and more!
Weekend Reads No.134:
1. Love this for mamas… Twelve children’s books that celebrate diversity. (helloadamsfamily.com)
2. This apricot galette recipe looks so delicious, easy, and summery! I bet it would be fantastic with peaches too. (caitlinconfidential.com)
3. What is the perfect beach read anyway? (goodreads.com)
4. 7 black-owned beauty brands to shop at Sephora including a few favorites like Golde and KNC Beauty. (vogue.com)
5. My girlfriend Jenn launched the most colorful, fantastically fun collection with Sail to Sable this week! Jenn is an incredible person and Sail to Sable is a brand I love so it’s a slam-dunk pairing! Shop the collection here. I have this stripe dress! (stylecharade.com)
6. Dying over Venita in Lilly Pulitzer’s summer collection! These photos are beyond gorgeous. (venitaaspen.com)
7. Two refreshing summer cocktails that are a breeze to make at home now or for July 4th! (lemonstripes.com)
8. Juneteenth’s 155th anniversary in South Carolina + lots about the holiday many of us sadly knew nothing or very little about before this week. (chstoday.6amcity.com & nytimes.com)
9. The best TV shows of 2020, from new critical darlings to returning favorites. (townandcountrymag.com)
10. I love Jacey’s fashion questions answered. (damselindior.com)
11. The best thriller books to read. (theeverygirl.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. In love with these watercolor illustrations from Riley Sheehey! They would be so beautiful together framed as a mini gallery wall.
3. The Lisa Marie Fernandez collection for Target is beyond. The line is available in sizes XXS – 3X and is $60 or less! I love this ric rac dress (obsessed!!), floral dress, polka dot dress, and all white dress.
5. This swimsuit is TOO darn cute. Blue and white lovers rejoice!
6. I’ve got a major earring crush on these floral rattan dangle earrings. How gorgeous are they!?
7. These pearl bauble hair ties are so stinking cute and under $7.
8. For anyone with littles, Tubby Todd released an adorable watermelon collection for summer. So summery and cute!
9. Believe it or not but July 4th is SOON! Party in the USA with this festive collection.
10. This straw purse is adorable and very affordable!
With Love from R&R:
1. My Father’s Day Gift Guide 2020 complete with tons of different gift ideas for all the dads out there! Save this post for male summer birthdays etc.
2. Long distance friendship gifts for friends around the country we can’t travel to see right now but would love to have the chance to hug!
3. How to style white jeans including the best slimming white jeans and my four favorite pairs of white jeans.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a wonderful new foundation I discovered this week for black women and girls, a reflection from Breonna Taylor’s family and friends remembering her greatness, beautiful birthstone stacking rings, thoughts on growing up “colorblind,” 11 fiction books written by black female authors to read, 20% off sitewide at my favorite Charleston boutique, and more!