Happy Sunday and happy Memorial Day weekend loves! I know work has looked really different for many of us these past few months but I hope it is still nice to have a long weekend with no work on Monday! I am definitely looking forward to my email being quiet tomorrow. We almost always travel for Memorial Day weekend but we’re home this year and really enjoying the warm weekend in Charleston. We spent yesterday at the beach and then enjoyed a great barbecue at my parents’ house! Today, we’re tidying up the house and doing work in the yard. Houses are always a work in progress! Are y’all shopping all the amazing Memorial Day weekend sales? I rounded up a bunch of beautiful items below that are all on sale. I hope you enjoy!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.131 complete with how to start needlepointing, sweet thank yous for teachers after a trying school year, why you need a travel advisor for your post-pandemic vacation, a 10 minute summer berry pie recipe, ’90 romantic comedies you should rewatch, what the “Devil Wears Prada’ got wrong about Anna Wintour, a Charleston guide to Netflix’s ‘Outer Banks,’ steps for mixing up an amaro spritz, and more!
Weekend Reads No.131:
1. Needlepoint: how to get started. (simplyelegentblog.com)
2. There’s nothing better than falling in love with reading as a kid. (thefashionmagpie.com)
3. As school years end, these are super adorable thank you notes to send your kids’ teachers. (blog.dixie-design.com)
5. This 10 minute summer berry pie looks and sounds divine. Perfect for the long weekend! (lemonstripes.com)
8. Travel restrictions have turned 11 overtouristed destinations into quiet, almost unrecognizable places, even for those who live there. (nytimes.com)
9. ’90s romantic comedies that you should rewatch at least once a year. (cosmopolitan.com)
10. The one thing ‘Devil Wears Prada’ got wrong about Anna Wintour. (bustle.com)
11. A Charleston Guide to Netflix’s “Outer Banks.” (charlestoncharmed.com)
Shopping & Sales:
All of the below items are on sale for Memorial Day weekend! Don’t miss the incredible sales going on this weekend from so many beautiful brands!
With Love from R&R:
1. Comfortable yet chic outfit ideas to wear at home… y’all loved this post!
2. Creative craft ideas to do while spending time at home this summer + everything to need to know to start a new craft/skill.
3. Summer swimwear coverups you’ll love.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: an interview with Amanda Lindroth that will make you want to jet to the Bahamas, pantry + kitchen organization ideas, 30 artists to know, how to press flowers, the most perfect home tour, the impact of COVID-19 on the wedding industry, how to virtually visit Paris for a day, the sweetest birth story, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
See above under Shopping & Sales for tons of favorites on sale!
Photographs as seen in this post.