Happy Sunday and happy Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day is always a special day and one I love marking by honoring my amazing mom. I’m the luckiest because I have a one in a million mom who makes everyday brighter. My mom is compassionate, caring, thoughtful, dedicated, selfless, and encouraging in every way (p.s. my dad is too!). It gets better… I had two wonderful grandmothers who I miss dearly, a loving mother-in-law who treats me like one of her own, an incredible sister-in-law who sets a beautiful example of motherhood everyday, a gaggle of aunts and friends of my mother’s who are like extended moms to me, and a bunch of girlfriends who are blossoming as mothers around me.
The fact of the matter though is that Mother’s Day can also be a very hard day as we remember moms who are sadly no longer with us and as some women grapple with fertility issues. I have a few mothers in mind I’m sending up an extra prayer and hello to today. To sum it all up, mom, I love you! There aren’t enough thank yous in the world for everything you do for me!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.129 for 11 links dedicated to mothers, motherhood, and Mother’s Day. A few of these articles brought me to tears so I hope they resonate with you and touch you as much as they touched me.
Weekend Reads No.129:
1. Thoughts on how moms right everything and can save everyday (especially for new moms)… I Couldn’t Be a Mom, Without My Own Mom’s Help. (vogue.com)
2. I’ve read this multiple times and I burst into tears every single time… A Letter to My Late Wife on Mother’s Day. (vogue.com)
3. Four successful women share their thoughts on motherhood and the secret to work-life balance. When it comes to fashion and beauty, these ladies are THE experts for unrivaled, timeless style too. (harpersbazaar.com)
4. Team Tory Burch asked some of their favorite tastemakers to share their mother’s best advice. (toryburch.com/blog)
5. For those of you missing a mother today, Elizabeth Holmes wrote a few words… When Mother’s Day is Really Hard. (byeelizabethholmes.com)
6. A reminder that having a baby can and does look differently for everyone… I Just Wanted a Baby, But Surrogacy Gave Me So Much More. (vogue.com)
7. The ever talented Jamie Beck on the first year of motherhood… Reflections on Motherhood: Year 1. (annstreetstudio.com)
8. Reflecting on how women experience the beginning of motherhood differently… Bringing Up Baby: To All New Mothers – Please Don’t Judge Yourself. (vogue.co.uk)
9. This is technically a Mother’s Day Gift Guide but I absolutely love the start of the post entailing the beautiful words on a mother’s care. I see my own mom in them! (thefashionmagpie.com)
10. Eight books for your mother daughter book club. (theskimm.com)
11. 30+ movies to watch with mom for Mother’s Day today. (townandcountry.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. This brand new coffee table book on the Amalfi Coast was just released and looks absolutely gorgeous!
4. Anthropologie is offering 30% off all clothing and accessories this weekend. I have my eye on some of the accessories like this visor, this woven tote bag, this floral bobby pin set, this patterned scrunchie, and this rancher hat.
With Love from R&R:
1. How to look cute in pajamas and pull off pajama dressing.
2. The three very fun books I read in April 2020.
3. A must-have dress for pink lovers!
4. How to mix the perfect strawberry basil margaritas… delicious for summer!
5. This giveaway is over but the whole outfit is adorable and worth a peak! I love the ditsy floral print dress.
6. My Mother’s Day Gift Guide is full of treasures that still make for great gifts for hostesses and more.
7. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the best blue light blocking glasses for working from home, cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins, books every millennial woman should read, notable Charlestonians share their Charleston, the grandest rooms in the Queen’s palaces, an ode to the greatest city in the world, healthy alternatives to your favorite comfort foods, movies set in London to stream right now, quarantine outfits inspired by romanic comedies, and more!