Happy Sunday! I’m writing to you from, surprise, Charleston! Don’t get me wrong, there’s no where I’d rather call home and be quarantined but it does seem crazy that we haven’t traveled in months now. Is it just me or did this week fly by? I’m honestly not sure why. Perhaps we’re getting really accustomed to quarantine life? Regardless, each week of quarantine feels to me like it’s going by faster and faster… does that make me crazy? Per usual lately, we cooked a lot this weekend including a delicious wreckfish meal and a yummy pork ribs meal. In other news, be sure to check back tomorrow because I have a really big Mother’s Day guide going live!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.128 complete with the best blue light blocking glasses for working from home, cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins, books every millennial woman should read, notable Charlestonians share their Charleston, the grandest rooms in the Queen’s palaces, an ode to the greatest city in the world, healthy alternatives to your favorite comfort foods, movies set in London to stream right now, the sale you don’t want to miss if you love cooking, quarantine outfits inspired by romanic comedies, and more!
Weekend Reads No.128
1. Working from home? You’ll want to check out this list of stylish blue light blocking glasses asap. (carlyahill.com)
2. These cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins look like the ultimate sweet treat while staying at home! (theblondilocks.com)
3. Five notable Charleston locals share how to do their Charleston, their way. (americanway.com)
4. 15 books (old and new) every millennial woman should read. (theskimm.com)
5. A lovely ode to the greatest city in the world. (thistimetomorrow.com)
6. Take a look inside the grandest rooms of Queen Elizabeth’s palaces. (vogue.com)
7. The 35 best female friendships in movie history. (wmagazine.com)
8. Movies set in London to stream right now. (afar.com)
9. Twenty healthy alternatives to your favorite comfort foods. (theeverygirl.com)
10. This is the cutest! Quarantine outfits inspired by romantic comedies. (stylecharade.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. Attention, attention! The cutest hat brand in the world just launched. Every hat is made with vintage and antique ribbons.
3. Okay, adorable! Send this quarantine box to a girlfriend in need of a pick-me-up.
4. Anthropologie is offering 30% off all full-priced and sale clothing. I have heart eyes for this embroidered dress, this punchy floral blouse, this flowy romantic top, this eyelet top, this lace top, and this pink sweatshirt.
With Love from R&R:
1. Inspired by strawberry picking: strawberry recipes, style finds, whimsical home items, & more. Plus, the cutest easy breezy spring outfit.
2. Things to do at home alone to keep yourself busy and entertained.
3. Charleston’s best secret alleys, hidden passageways, and unique streets.
4. Tips and tricks for how to schedule your time wisely + all the time management apps and tools I use and rely on everyday!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a guide to needlepointing for beginners, a NY Times resource dedicated to teaching you to cook better, 9 books you will fly through, a creamy coconut cocktail for warm spring nights, COVID-19 resources for women at every single stage of pregnancy, the best learning resources for kids, my cousin’s beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea rehearsal dinner from last summer, a guide to one of the most classic china patterns, and more!
A few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photographs by Edwin Eversole