Happy Sunday! Another week down while sheltering in place. How are we doing? I don’t know about y’all but it’s starting to feel more “normal” because we’re getting so used to our routine. However, as we get deeper into spring and closer to summer, we’re definitely starting to think more about what life will look like when the world opens up more. We’re anxious and so excited! We kept this weekend fun though with two social distancing activities: strawberry picking and an outdoor picnic for our friend Sara’s birthday. Sara felt so much love on her birthday, which in turn made me feel the love and positive human spirit all around! We’re so sad that Edwin’s parents weren’t able to travel to Charleston this beautiful weekend as originally planned but it’s only made us more excited for when they do visit.
In the meantime, I’m trying to decide what to make with all our strawberries, writing a mix of new blog posts for y’all, thinking about recipes to cook this week, and planning a Peloton ride for this afternoon. I hope you all have a really nice weekend at home filled with lots of light, love, and springtime joy!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 127 complete with a guide to needlepointing for beginners, a NY Times resource dedicated to teaching you to cook better, 9 books you will fly through, a creamy coconut cocktail for warm spring nights, COVID-19 resources for women at every single stage of pregnancy, the best learning resources for kids, my cousin’s beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea rehearsal dinner from last summer, a guide to one of the most classic china patterns, 50% off my favorite loafers, and more!
Weekend Reads No.127
1. A NY Times cooking page dedicated to teaching you to cook basics better. (cooking.nytimes.com)
2. If you live in Charleston, then you’ll love this article! How to support local farmers in the COVID-19 era… aka a list of local farmers doing delivery and pickup for meats, eggs, produce, honey, bread, and more. (custody.6amcity.com)
3. A book list full of 9 really fun reads that you will fly through! Chassity always reads the most fun books. (looklingerlove.com)
4. My cousin and his wife had their beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea rehearsal dinner featured on Martha Stewart Weddings this week! Take me back to the time of attending weddings! (marthastewartweddings.com)
5. It’s five o’clock somewhere! (halfbakedharvest.com)
7. COVID-19 Resources for women at every stage of pregnancy from thinking about pregnancy to postpartum help. (blog.hatchcollection.com)
8. In my Weekend Reads two weeks ago, I shared bread baking recipes. So, this week, I’m sharing thoughts on the great pancake revival! I made pancakes the first Saturday of quarantine (I think that’s when it was!) and now I want to make them again. (manrepeller.com)
9. For the love of limoges: a guide to one of the most timeless china patterns. (overthemoon.com)
10. A wonderful, comprehensive guide to needlepoint for beginners! Love this for anyone looking to learn. (thornalexander.com)
11. The best learning resources for kids. (helloadamsfamily.com)
12. If I wrote a Coronavirus episode… Tina Fey and 35 other TV writers share what their characters would do in a pandemic. (vulture.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. This breezy top is a dream + it’s super affordable (and 20% off today too!).
3. I’m swooning over this wanderlust-worthy collection of silk scarves designed by local artists in different cities around the world.
4. Stubbs and Wootton is having a 50% off spring sale. Talk about savings! Loafer lovers, this is your time!
With Love from R&R:
1. Where to buy unique sweaters… such fun creative brands!
2. Simply the BEST!
3. I’m already thinking about how to make this festive holiday special this year (assuming we’ll still be in quarantine).
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the most gorgeous Easter and Passover tablescapes, tips for managing your mental health during COVID-19, the grandmillennial’s guide to staying home, directions for how to cook artichokes, gardening for beginners, ideas for how to host a virtual cocktail party, a self-portrait photoshop tutorial, an indoor shrimp bbq recipe, thoughts on making sense of a miscarriage during the Coronavirus crisis, Oscar best pictures ranked best to worst, DIY stitching kits, and more!
A few of this Week’s Favorites:
Thanks for reading loves! xx