Happy Sunday! Just like I imagine you’re feeling, I can’t believe we’re ending another week at home with the world in its current state. I say happy Sunday because I genuinely hope each one of you is finding some happiness during this time. As a reminder, I shared amazing ways to help during COVID-19 in this post! As COVID-19 progresses, it becomes more important with each passing day, week, and month to do what we can in this crisis.
So, what have I been doing to stay sane? I’ve been getting exercise every single day through Peloton, FaceTimes with Longevity Fitness (a Charleston studio), and outdoor walks. I’ve been getting fresh air every day, which has been a true lifesaver on the mental and emotional front! Edwin and I have been trying new recipes at home and sticking to a pretty healthy menu, which is making us feel better physically. I also started a new Instagram account dedicated to my love of reading called Jillian’s Book Club. I’d love to have you following along! Lastly, we’ve been trying to stick to pretty regular work routines everyday while also staying really connected to our friends and family over the phone and Zoom.
There are silver linings that will come of this, I just know it! Let’s all stay strong and stay positive!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.125 complete with an interview with talented Charleston interior designer Kristin Martin, daily schedules for “work from home” and “kids at home” quarantine time, a reflection on what New York is without New Yorkers, 15 delicious bread recipes to try at home, a breakdown on protecting finances during COVID-19, how to start your own podcast, ivy league classes you can take online for free right now, a new needlepoint canvas collection for Nantucket lovers, bunny cookie decorating kits for Easter, and more!
P.S. These photos were from a photoshoot awhile back for Beau & Ro’s spring collection. It was a joy to be able to see friends back then and to be able to support a girlfriend’s new launch!
Weekend Reads No.125:
1. I love this sweet little interview with one of my favorite Instagram friends/follows, Kristin Martin. She’s an interior designer in Charleston who is restoring a historic Greek Revival home outside of the city. (dreamsandjeans.com)
2. Daily schedules for your “Work From Home” and “Kids At Home” quarantine time. (camillestyles.com)
3. What is New York without New Yorkers? (townandcountrymag.com)
4. Who knew a global pandemic would make everyone on Instagram attempt to make their own bread! There are 15 delicious bread recipes to try at home. (theeverygirl.com)
5. A breakdown on protecting your finances during COVID-19. (lemonstripes.com)
6. How to start your own podcast. (veronicebeard.com/blogs)
7. 450 ivy league classes you can take online for free right now. (freecodecamp.org)
Shopping & Sales:
1. We have a round table at our dining nook in our kitchen so I’m dying for one of these round Indian block print tablecloths. Gorgeous! They are on sale now too!
2. J.Crew is having a major sale and offering 40% off almost everything! I’m swooning over this sherbet striped bathing suit, this chic slip skirt, this classic wicker purse, and this one shoulder tropical floral dress.
5. How cute are these bunny cookie decorating kits from my favorite place in Jackson Hole? You can order them online and have them shipped!
6. I just discovered this unique brand of exercise clothing. They have so many beautiful designs!
7. Sara Fitz launched a collection of needlepoint canvases! They are all beautiful, Nantucket-inspired designs. Swoon.
With Love from R&R:
1. How to stay positive when things go wrong… inspired ideas + concrete tips.
2. Homemade Easter dessert recipes.
3. All the books I read in March. Five very different books!
4. Easter inspiration!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: shows with more than 100 episodes you can stream, friends sharing their favorite books, lemon shortbread bars that are perfect for an Easter brunch at home, 30 southern heroes, what it’s like to be single during a global pandemic, the new show I’m watching (& recommend for you too!), the biscuits I’m dying to make, creative activities to do at home with kids, brands to shop that are donating a percentage of sales to help during COVID-19, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photos: Marni Pictures for Beau & Ro’s spring collection