Happy Sunday! We’ve had a really nice weekend in Charleston! Edwin was gone most of February for different shoots so it’s incredible having him home. We spent a lot of time outside in the sunshine, had a few really good meals out at Sorghum & Salt and 167 Raw, and we watched the movie Bombshell (which we hadn’t seen yet – it’s fantastic!). After a busy week last week with the opening party for Wine & Food as well as the kickoff soirée for the Charleston Antique Show, a relaxing weekend was just what the doctor ordered. I hope you each had a beautiful weekend!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.122 complete with a tip for how to revive wilted hydrangeas, sex & relationship advice from a sex therapist, the best NYC photography locations, secret off-menu items at Charleston restaurants, the best books to pick to spark conversation in your book club, the everyday anxiety of new parents, and more!
Weekend Reads No. 122
1. How to revive wilted hydrangeas. Love this trick! (holycitychic.com)
2. Do you have a sex or relationship question? I bet the answer is yes! Read this post with a Chicago-based sex therapist for so much scoop. (helloadamsfamily.com)
3. The best NYC photography locations. (the-atlantic-pacific.com)
4. Oprah weighs in with the best books to pick for your book club to spark conversation at your next meeting. (oprahmag.com)
5. A case for the not so open floor plan. I’m so interested in this! Our floor plan isn’t super open and I love it that way. (southernliving.com)
6. 11 secret off-menu items at Charleston restaurants. (charlestoncvb.com)
7. I love everything about this post… Mackenzie’s family is so adorable! Palm Beach is such a dream! And, the spring collection featured in the post is gorgeous! (mackenziehoran.com)
8. My girlfriend Melissa shared this article with me the other week and it spoke to me! Can reading make you happier? (newyorker.com)
9. The everyday anxiety of a new parent. (cupofjo.com)
10. A classic love story from every state in America. (nytimes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. I’m dying over all the warm weather styles from Persifor! It might be my favorite collection yet1 My favorites: rainbow stripes // nautical shift dress // fish print obsessed // pink blossoms // stripe shirt dress.
With Love from R&R:
1. My roundup of the best bars in Charleston.
3. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a grandmillennial hotel guide, what to do in Paris when it rains, 14 legit work from home jobs, everything you need to know about sponsored content, a chic wedding registry guide, Kate Middleton spills on motherhood, a Palm Springs travel guide, the legacy of Mario Buatta, Nancy Meyers’ take on how her life isn’t like the movies, and more.