Happy Monday! Mondays are always happier when Monday is a holiday (hence why my Weekend Reads is coming at you a day late)! I’m having the best weekend over here in Charleston because my best friend, Allison, is in town. She’s here until Tuesday morning so we still have some fun time together. I’m taking Allison to a lot of restaurants and shops she hasn’t been to before and some spots that have opened since her last visit.
We also went to Allison’s first oyster roast on Saturday at Kiawah River. The landscapes are so beautiful at Kiawah River that I feel immensely inspired simply by being there. All in all, we’re hitting some of the best of Charleston, getting together with lots of Charleston friends, and loving every minute spent together! Nothing fills me up like time with my best friend. What a weekend. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful long weekend!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.117 complete with how to properly address formal wedding invitations, a roundup of the best natural cleaning products for your house, an ode to The Plaza Hotel, your 2020 vice according to your zodiac sign, delicious things to drink if you’re not drinking, the best online mattresses to buy, a comprehensive guide to retinol, the best dressed at the Sag Awards, and more!
Weekend Reads No.117
1. How to properly address formal wedding invitations. (overthemoon.com)
2. Charleston locals, this one is for you… volunteer opportunities in Charleston. (chstoday.6amcity.com)
3. Are you trying to clean things up in 2020? If so, then you’ll appreciate this roundup of amazing natural cleaning products for your home. I need the rug cleaner in light of my dogs. (theeverygirl.com)
4. New York has never looked so good! My heart has melted over every single one of these photos from Krystal at The Plaza. (thistimetomorrow.com)
5. Your 2020 vice according to your zodiac sign. (manrepeller.com)
6. A friend of mine just told me she is doing dry February instead of dry January… why not?! Nine delicious things to drink if you’re not drinking. (camillastyles.com)
7. We’re in the throws of so much home stuff after moving into our house a few weeks ago. This article, the best online mattresses you can buy, was a great read for us. We picked the Tuft and Needle and love it because we like a firm mattress. (nymag.com)
8. Do you use retinol? This is a very comprehensive guide to retinol including what exactly it is. (wearedore.com)
9. The best dressed at the 2020 Sag Awards. (vogue.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Attention: there is a major sale on my fave espadrilles in the world!
3. I have this fantastic shell purse and am already counting down until spring when I can carry it around town. It is on sale in a BIG way.
With Love From R&R:
1. The best new places in Charleston… restaurants, bars, shops, activities, and more!
2. The 4 main lessons I learned in 2019.
3. Four cute rainy day outfit ideas.
4. I cut 5 inches off my hair!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the top bridal trends of 2020, thoughtful reflections on motherhood, a behind-the-scenes look at dressing Little Women, a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich copycat recipe, the most exciting thing to come from Goop?, Princess Margaret’s love affair with Mustique, a new must-have bedding collection, and more!