Happy Sunday! This is my first Weekend Reads post of the year and it feels great to be writing it. We’ve had a whirlwind start to the year from hosting a New Year’s Eve party at our house to spending almost a week in California with Edwin’s family and friends (did you see that I surprised my best friend for her birthday!?). Our lives are often overbooked and full of lots of travel but we are planning to try to slow things down a bit in 2020. In fact, since September of last year, I’ve barely traveled except for weddings and a short trip for our anniversary (this last week in California was the first exception). Edwin has traveled for work but that will always be the case.
So, I’m excited for a week (and a year!) with lots of time spent at home! The part of this week I’m most anticipating is the arrival of my best friend in Charleston on Friday! She will be our first official guest to come stay since we moved into our house! I’m counting down the minutes! Cheers and happy Sunday!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.116 complete with the top bridal trends of 2020, thoughtful reflections on motherhood, a behind-the-scenes look at dressing Little Women, a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich copycat recipe, the most exciting thing to come from Goop?, Princess Margaret’s love affair with Mustique, a new must-have bedding collection, and more!
Weekend Reads No.116
1. The top bridal trends for 2020… I am INTO the ‘Fashion Bride.’ (modaoperandi.com)
2. I love these reflections on motherhood from the ever talented Jamie Beck. Motherhood looks so beautiful on her! (annstreetstudio.com)
3. My friends and I have unknowingly sent this article back and forth to each other a hundred times so you might have already seen it but, if not, it’s a must-read for my fellow Little Women devotees… Dressing Little Women: Costume Designer Jacqueline Durran on Color, Character, and Breaking the Rules. (vogue.com)
4. I’m dying to try this recipe! Maybe on Monday for the football game? Chick-Fil-A crispy chicken sandwich copycat. (tastesbetterfromscratch.com)
5. I’m obsessed with so many things about this Sun Valley wedding: the bridesmaid dresses, the paper, the florals, the bride’s second dress, and the photography (by my talented friend Carrie – I fell in love with the wedding before I realized Carrie shot it and then thought “of course!”). (overthemoon.com)
6. This read about the island Edwin and I honeymooned on made me smile! Princess Margaret’s Love Affair With the Island of Mustique. (townazndcountrymag.com)
7. Well this is fabulous! My girlfriend Becky Boyle is on India Amory’s Tastemaker Series. She’s an incredible interior designer! (indiaamory.com)
8. I. CAN’T. WAIT. (goop.com)
9. More Little Women because why not… Little Women group texts. I’m dead. (manrepeller.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. How cute is this bag? I’m having a moment.
5. I love my classic styles of Dudley Stephens fleeces but I just discovered this new quarter-zip style and flipped for it! Adding to cart.
6. Spotted: the cutest pink two-tone knit sweater!
With Love From R&R:
1. What wellness means to me + the best wellness spots in Charleston.
2. I created a reader survey because I want to hear from you! I’d love to know what type of posts you want to read in 2020.
3. The books I read in December 2019 + my grades of them.
4. 2019 in review! My top 20 posts of last year.
6. My snow bunny favorites for a cozy winter season.
7. A new interview! Sitting pretty with Meredith Hanson of Meredith Hanson Art + Design.
8. Outfit ideas for guys with tons of recommendations from Edwin!