Happy Sunday friends! It’s been a great weekend so far in Charleston but I simply cannot wait for Thanksgiving week! My sister arrives on Wednesday and I’m so excited, I wish it was today! In other news, Edwin and I are getting so anxious to move into our house that we’re losing our minds. We were supposed to be in before Thanksgiving and obviously aren’t now (if you’ve seen my Instagram stories it’s pretty clear). The anticipation is killing us but we’re so close so we’re feeling grateful too!
Our other last big piece of news is that we added a second dog to our little family! His name is Hopper and he couldn’t be a sweeter pup if he tried. We love so much about Hopper including his fun-loving spirit, his laid back nature, and the way he has taken to Maybelle so quickly. He is a big, beautiful 11-month-old white lab and we feel so lucky that he’s ours! I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Stay tuned for some fun gift guides coming to R&R this week!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.114 complete with 10 insanely popular chocolate chip cookie recipes, inspired holiday hair looks, how to set a holiday table, an NYC holiday guide, a traditional apple pie recipe, Charleston holiday pop-ups to visit, pieces of Paris in NYC, entertaining tips from Weezie Towels founder Liz Eichholz, a guide to what type of engagement ring is most you, and more!
Weekend Reads No.114
2. From vegan-friendly to super chewy, these are 10 insanely popular chocolate chip cookie recipes. (food52.com)
3. I’m feeling so inspired by these holiday hair looks! Which is your favorite? Mine is #3! (galmeetsglam.com)
4. What type of engagement ring is the most “you”? (overthemoon.com)
5. Attention all Charleston friends! You’re going to want to know about this list of amazing holiday pop-ups coming to us thanks to the fabulous Beau & Ro. I’m excited about the Candy Shop Vintage pop-up, the Francis + Benedict pop-up, and the Lacey Weller pop-up! (beauandro.com)
6. I love this interview with Liz Eichholz of Weezie Towels. I couldn’t agree more with her strategy when hosting… more is more! (indiaarmory.com)
7. This traditional apple pie recipe looks so delicious and easy to make! (abbycapalbo.com)
8. The complete guide to setting a holiday table. (onekingslane.com)
9. There’s nothing like Christmas in the city! Don’t miss this NYC holiday guide. (thistimetomorrow.com)
Shopping & Sales
1. I discovered Alice Naylor-Leyland this week on Instagram and am really loving her holiday tablescape items! So festive and cheery.
3. I’ve tried a few clean mascaras but not loved any (they all smudge so easily under my eyes I find). So, I’m really excited to try the Saie Mascara 101 as I’ve read great things.
4. The Atlantic Pacific x Nordstrom holiday collection is SO MUCH FUN. I love this confetti stripe sweater, this feather trim tweed jacket, this ruffle heel, this tinsel top, and this star pearl purse.
With Love From R&R
1. The stylish coat pink lovers need!
2. Gift Guide for the Grandmillennial… I’m so obsessed with everything on this guide!
3. The prettiest navy dress + chestnut suede knee high boots combo. I couldn’t recommend this outfit enough.
4. Ten holiday tops to buy now.
5. Classic outfit ideas for guys (starring Edwin!).
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a breakdown on Instagram hiding likes, DIY embroidered holiday cocktail napkins, a leaf peeping guide to Aspen, the best gluten free pasta recipes, how to make plans without getting a drink, what to do on a trip to Paris, 3 of my favorite holiday candles, and more!
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites
Happy Sunday! xx