Happy Sunday! Today is such an unexpectedly fun day for Edwin and me! Tomorrow, we celebrate our two year wedding anniversary! We didn’t have any serious plans for it this year but my parents surprised us and gave us a little getaway to the Chesapeake. Thanks to their incredibly generous anniversary gift, we’re off to the Inn at Perry Cabin for two nights! We’ve had some unexpected twists and turns recently so I’m really grateful to be marking this occasion in such a special way and special place.
The Inn at Perry Cabin has been on my travel bucket list for a long time so I am thrilled to be experiencing it! I haven’t been to this part of the country in awhile either so it is a real treat. I have had something every single night the last two weeks so I can’t wait to just take it easy with Edwin for two days. So I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.111 complete with a can’t-miss new podcast (fans of The Office will love it!), an interview with one of my favorite editorial stylists, great tips for how to start a conversation, the trailer for one of fall’s most anticipated show returns, tips for how to use Instagram for travel ideas, thoughts on why the iPhone 11 Pro should be the next camera you buy, and more!
Weekend Reads No.111:
1. A great interview with my favorite Instagram Rhode Island friend, Abby Capalbo. She’s such a talent! New Englanders should read! (newengland.com)
2. Eeeek! The Crown is almost back! Have you seen the trailer? (elle.com)
3. Fans of The Office, you might be interested in what I’m currently listening to… the new podcast “Office Ladies!” (manrepeller.com)
4. Nine tips for how to start a conversation. I’m going to start doing #3 and #4! (thecut.com)
5. Last weekend, I shared the ice cream flight my mom and I had at Off Track Ice Cream here in Charleston and I received so many DMs about it. The ice cream shop opened this summer in Charleston and quickly became my favorite one in town!
6. How to get through airport lines faster. If you ask me, the $100 I spent on PreCheck and Global Entry was the best $100 I’ve ever spent.
7. How to use Instagram for travel ideas. I swear by Grace’s saved folders tip! (thestripe.com)
8. Eleven reasons why the iPhone 11 Pro should be the next camera you buy. (galmeetsglam.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. Have you seen the 2019 holiday collection from Dixie Designs? So cute!
3. I’m obsessed with this headband. The leopard is so darn cute.
4. Speaking of leopard, these sneakers have my eye. Plus, the price point is great for sneakers these days!
5. Put a bow on it.
With Love from R&R:
1. What to wear with burgundy + my favorite burgundy pieces this season.
2. The best things to do in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
3. How to wear a plaid shirt for every occasion this fall, winter, and holiday season.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a behind-the-scenes video of Hailey Bieber’s wedding dress, a must-read Paris food guide, the decadent pumpkin recipe you need to try, an unexpected birth story that’s a great read for new moms, a cute holiday gift for bakers, my favorite day planner for 2020, and more.
5. A look back at our first anniversary last year. 🙂
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph as seen here