Happy Sunday! It’s always the happiest Sunday when Monday is a holiday! How are y’all spending your Labor Day weekends? Most of my Charleston friends are out of town but it’s allowed Edwin and I to have a great weekend together! Edwin got back late Friday night after 10 days away on a shoot in San Francisco so I’ve loved every minute of having him home. Yesterday, we took Maybelle on a long walk, watched lots of football, baked this delicious spice cake, and went to Babas with friends. So far, so good this weekend! I also want to say a big thank you for all of your warm words about my new site design and branding! It means the world to have y’all reading along! xx
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 108 complete with the best outdoor bars in NYC & Brooklyn, über talented wedding illustrators to know, pretty pink outfit ideas, the best Labor Day sales to shop, a holiday shop I can’t wait for, a fun photographic history quiz, a must-try simple zucchini parmesan pasta, a great Aspen travel guide, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 108
2. The 18 best outdoor bars in NYC and Brooklyn broken down by waterfront bars, rooftop bars, and garden terraces. Such a good roundup! (thestripe.com)
5. I love the way Carly styled the cutest flouncy skirt for summer and for fall! (carlyahill.com)
6. Loved this NY Times quiz on states history! I missed two questions… how’d you do!? (nytimes.com)
7. This is such a wonderful city guide to Aspen! Boy do I love that town. (riskyjackal.com)
9. The history of Charleston’s street names. Love my city! (chstodaycom)
10. Nora Ephron’s tomato sauce… yes please. (cupofjo.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Beau & Ro is offering 20% off site wide with code SUMMERSALE! I seriously love Beau & Ro earrings.
2. Attention, attention! I discovered a new online retailer that has the best selection of brands. Meet Navy Bleu! The retailer carries GMG Collection, Persifor, Sail to Sable, Draper James, and more.
3. The Jill Rosenwald ‘Blues’ collection of handmade ceramic pottery is so beautiful!
4. Amanda Lindroth is offering 20% off her entire outdoor entertaining collection for Labor Day! Some of my favorites: this glassware, these block print napkins, these table lanterns, these floor lanterns, and these rattan baking dishes.
5. J.Crew us offering 40% off your entire purchase + an extra 50% off sale styles with code SUNSET. A few early fall favorites: leather slides, plaid slides, suede booties, tortoise earrings, wool hat, camel ivory scarf, floral ruffle top, and chambray popover.
With Love from R&R:
1. Welcome to my new blog design + branding! Thank you so much for the warm words about my new site!!
2. Where to eat in Jackson Hole!
3. The best time of year to visit Jackson Hole + what to do in Jackson each season of the year.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the 10 best beach reads, Julia Engel’s stunning home done with Olivia Brock, the movie trailer you need to watch right now, the pre-fall dress I want, amazing Charleston Southernisms, an über dreamy Harbour Island wedding, a must-read travel tip, the new purse collection on my radar, a fabulous Martha’s Vineyard travel guide, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites
Happy long weekend!