Happy Sunday! I’m back in Charleston and it feels great to be home! At the same time, I absolutely did not want to leave Jackson Hole but I was excited to get home. It’s been a rainy weekend in Charleston, which has made for a super productive few days. I have something very exciting coming to Rhyme & Reason this week. I know y’all are going to love it- stay tuned! Edwin and I also did a walk through of our house with our contractor on Friday. I can truly not tell you how excited I am to move into our house! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. We’re incredibly fortunate to be living at my parents’ house while our remodel/restoration is taking place. But we can’t wait to live in our house (and to not be taking over my parent’s house anymore!). I hope everyone has a wonderful and restful Sunday!
Keep reading for the weekend’s reads, complete with the 10 best beach reads, Julia Engel’s stunning home done with Olivia Brock, the movie trailer you need to watch right now, the pre-fall dress I want, amazing Charleston Southernisms, an über dreamy Harbour Island wedding, a must-read travel tip, the new purse collection on my radar, a fabulous Martha’s Vineyard travel guide, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 107
1. Oh me, oh my, I’m completely obsessed with everything about this dreamy beach party! (toryburch.com/blog)
2. What a list! The 10 best beach reads of all time from an avid reader. (thestripe.com)
3. Julia Engel and Olivia Brock did the most incredible job on Julia’s Charleston home! Pinning every image right now! I love how much personality the home has. (southernliving.com)
4. Another too good to be true home to share! Laura Santo Domingo’s Southhampton home is featured in the September issue of Vogue. I love it because it’s so interesting and completely draws you in! (vogue.com)
6. These Charleston Southernisms made me laugh. Which is your favorite? “Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.” OR “Don’t that just take the rag off the bush?” OR “Something in the milk ain’t clean.” Click the link to read the meanings of each if you don’t know. (chstoday.com)
7. How stunning are my friend Hannah’s photos from this Harbour Island wedding she photographed? (caratsandcake.com)
8. Such a crucial travel tip! (witwhimsy.com)
9. Love this Martha’s Vineyard travel guide! So well done. (lemonstripes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
3. What’s spotty, dotty, and cute all over? This!
4. A few early fall items I’m loving: a cozy jacket, a neutral floral top, a pair of timeless suede loafers, a wedding season ready dress, a pair of comfortable chic cropped pants, and an everyday leopard print.
5. J.McLaughlin is offering 50% off with code TAKE50! I love these two dresses for the end of summer (one, two), these amazing leather and woven cane slides, and these purses for all the time (one, two, three, four)! J.McLaughlin makes the BEST purses.
6. I’ve got eyes for this adorable mom + mini swimsuit collection! Do you like the pink or gingham more?!
With Love from R&R:
1. How to keep a long distance friendship alive and well!
2. Colorful summer outfits to love the rest of this warm season.
3. How to style white jeans + the 4 pairs of white jeans you need in your closet.
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: what clean green beauty actually is, the most exciting news for my girlfriend Ali, shares from women on the pressure to get married, what’s in season to eat in August + how to eat it, a dreamy ethereal Lowcountry wedding, 7 hormonal imbalances that affect weight gain + acne + moodiness, everything you need to know about organic wine, a New England nautical decor paradise, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photography by Edwin Eversole