This last week has been the BEST!!! Edwin and I rented a house on Nantucket for the week with a group of friends and I cannot tell you how much fun we had! We did so much yet it was still not enough time. I’m going to be sharing some upcoming blog posts from the trip so be sure to keep an eye out for those! As I was signing the guestbook of our house rental yesterday, I was thinking back on our trip highlights and there were just so many! We had three really wonderful beach days at Surfside Beach and Ladies Beach that really stand out as well as some fantastic meals, a late night merry sing along at Club Car, beautiful bike rides, a day at Cisco Brewers, and more!
I’m actually heading back to Nantucket twice in September… once for a family trip and once for a girls trip that one of my Charleston girlfriends put together. I’m considering myself very very lucky on the Nantucket front this summer! Yesterday, I flew to Jackson Hole where I’ll be this week and next with tons of extended family to celebrate the incredible life of my grandfather. I can hardly put into words what having the opportunity to celebrate him with all our family means to me so I won’t attempt to here. This time in Wyoming will be incredibly bittersweet but also full of endless storytelling, memories, and celebrations!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 105 complete with ideas for how to ask better questions + have better conversations, a lavender berry cobbler recipe, a week in the life of the founder of Outdoor Voices, the best children’s activities in NYC, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 105
1. How to ask great questions for better conversation… we had so many wonderful conversations this past week on Nantucket so I love this post topic! (camillestyles.com)
2. SO excited for Mackenzie and Will! Such exciting news for their family! (mackenziehoran.com)
3. Add lavender to any recipe and I am 100% sold… doesn’t this cobbler sounds divine? (halfbakedharvest.com)
4. I’m completely obsessed with this shoot from Krystal! The Hitchock Heroine… brilliant. (thistimetomorrow.com)
5. The founder of Outdoor Voices, Ty Haney, is honestly killing it… a week in her life doing things. (nytimes.com)
6. The best children’s activities in NYC. (brooklynblonde.com)
Shopping & Sales: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Edition
2. Hands down, these are the best riding boots in the sale!
4. Rebecca Taylor is one of my favorite designers so I always jump to see what she releases in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Last year, I scooped up this dress of hers from the sale and this year, I’m loving this jumpsuit!
6. This dress would be perfect for a wedding weekend event this fall like a rehearsal dinner or a welcome party… it’s under $100!
With Love from R&R:
1. Top wedding photography questions answered by industry professionals!
2. A glimpse of our Nantucket trip… much more to come!
3. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a debut novel (with rave reviews!) to read, tips for spicing up your marriage, delicious summer punch recipes, the world’s best reviews (CHS is still on top), the most gorgeous Nantucket outfit, 6 ways to turn your day around, and more!
4. My Nantucket travel guide is a must-read (if I do say so myself!) if you’re traveling to the island!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photography by Edwin Eversole