I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday morning! I’ve had a great weekend with girlfriends. We celebrated in Newport with a girls’ dinner to cheers to our friend getting engaged last week and to gather since our friend was in town from law school. Then, on Saturday, we caravanned down to La Jolla for a beach bbq to celebrate our friend’s birthday. The beachy weekend was just what I needed after a busy week of prep and meetings for the new school year. I have my first day of work with my kindergartners tomorrow! I met all of them on Friday at my school’s Back to School Picnic and they were just adorable. Here’s to restful Sunday! I hope you enjoy my weekend reads.
1. Now this looks delicious… summer corn risotto with shrimp. (whatsgabycooking.com)
2. I love this workout post about using a park bench to get in shape. Plus, my girlfriend Marissa looks so great in it! (laurenconrad.com)
3. How gorgeous is this colorful bridal brunch?! (chroniclesoffrivolity.com)
4. Advice from a mother to a daughter. (brouhahadreamer.tumblr.com)
5. Having a glimpse inside Aerin Lauder’s Uptown NYC apartment… don’t mind if I do (because it’s so beautiful!). (thecoveteur.com)
6. Chassity’s kiddos are just the cutest and this post idea is amazing! (looklingerlove.com)
7. The 10 best dry and low-sugar rosés. (thenewpotato.com)
Shopping & Sales:
3. I love the ruffle on this bright red top (on sale!).
4. J.Crew is offering 25% off work and school styles + an extra 30% off sale styles with code WEEKOFSTYLE.
5. Banana Republic has new pre-fall arrivals that look super yummy!
6. This hat is a great buy for fall (love the neutral color!) and it’s under $100.
With Love From R&R:
1. I really really loved this outfit post from the Jackson Hole town square. The Annie Selke tote bag I wore is my favorite!
2. My back to school desk accessory must-haves have me smiling this week since I went back to work.
3. I posted a second outfit this week: a red, white, and blue nautical look from Marina Del Rey.
4. I started a new school year this week and I shared my thoughts on switching grades and teaching Kindergarten now… so excited!
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: hip hotels in LA, a detox summer salad, a guide to Nantucket, almond butter versus peanut butter, and 8 podcasts to listen to.
A Few of This Week’s Favorites: