My second official installment of Weekend Reads (aka 1 millionth Highlights post) is here! I’m coming to you live from Palm Spring where I’ve been completing my duties as a bridesmaid by pooling, giggling, drinking, and dancing all weekend in the hot, hot desert. It’s been a blast and I kind of can’t believe that I return to work tomorrow for a new school year! But first, I’m going to enjoy Sunday.
1. Ten hip hotels in Los Angeles from an LA girl I totally trust. (damselindior.com)
2. If you love fried chicken and you know it clap your hands! Clap, clap! How to make fried chicken explained + didn’t my gf Annie kill it with her version of fried chicken? (cooking.nytimes.com and anniereeves.com)
3. An all encompassing guide to Nantucket – how to get there, where to stay, what to do, where to eat, and more. (mackenziehoran.com)
4. Eight podcasts for the girl on the go. (luellajune.com)
5. Eight AirBnb problems and how to fix them. (thenest.com)
6. The ultimate battle: which is better for you, almond butter or peanut butter? (wellandgood.com)
7. How yummy do these adult snow cones look?? (hunterinterior.com)
8. I’m thinking Edwin and I will give this summer detox salad a go after all the eating we did in Charleston! (pinchofyum.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I lost my Ray-Ban Clubmaster sunnies awhile back and I desperately need to replace them! They are my favorite.
2. A white watch for winter (which will be here before we know it!).
3. Go for the gold! Moon & Lola is offering 30% off all gold jewelry.
4. Is it just me or is everyone talking about this book?
5. How chic is this pebbled leather travel makeup bag? Thinking I need one and that it would be a great gift for friends if it’s monogramed!
6. Blaque Label = a new-to-me line that I’m really loving! They have lots of fun party skirts and gorgeous dresses (that aren’t too expensive).
7. This mini bag currently has my attention in a major way. I’m wondering if and when I can add it to my closet!
8. The perfume for girls who love Diptyque candles (this scent is great for those who love the ‘Baies’ scent).
9. Obsessed with these leopard flats (they come in a handful of solid colors too) and love, love their price!
10. The most classic denim jacket I ever did see.
With Love From R&R:
1. A brand spanking new outfit post from Charleston featuring the cutest white romper.
2. My apartment was featured on Gray Malin’s blog to celebrate the release of his new Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket series! Can you find my mantle in the post?
3. My top 10 tried and true travel rituals + luggage I love.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: engagement ring 101, warm weather hairstyles, a year abroad, frosé, a book club, and more.
5. Edwin and I took a break from wedding planning for a sunset sail!
6. The importance of self love! Hallelujah!
8. A Jackson Hole summer wrapped up in one outfit.
A Few of This Week’s Favorites: