The first day of fall is this Friday, so to get y’all in the spirit, I’m sharing seven fall must-haves to scoop up and wear this season. My two favorite things about fall dressing are the footwear and the cozy layers of blanket scarves, chunky sweaters, vests, and blazers. I’m a big sweater girl so I love a simple fall outfit of jeans, a cozy sweater or a cardigan (remember this outfit?), and a pair of riding boots or heeled booties. If you’re thinking about changing over your closet soon, then consider snagging a one of my seven fall must-haves for a fresh and updated season of dressing ahead.
Seven Fall Must-Haves
1. blanket scarves: there is nothing better than embracing the crisp cool air of fall! That’s why I love to add a blanket scarf into my daily looks. They keep me extra cozy and add the perfect layer when it isn’t quite cold enough to wear a full blown coat.
2. Loafers: as I mentioned above, I love the footwear of fall. I’ve always been a big loafer lover so I wear them almost every other day in the fall. They are the ultimate comfy meets chic shoe.
3. Chunky sweaters: mornings and evenings are my favorite times of the day during autumn. I love enjoying a cup of warm tea before I go for a morning walk on the weekends wearing a chunky sweater. During the week, a chunky sweater + black jeans are my go-to workwear look.
4. Heeled booties: when I want to get a little more dressed up during the fall season, I always reach for heeled booties. I love leather and suede booties as well as neutral colored options and booties in classic fall colors like burgundy.
5. Blazers: until winter really hits, I often don’t find myself needing a warm peacoat during the day. However, it can be a bit too chilly to walk out the door in just a top so I love to layer on with a blazer. Blazers are such a clean look and they make every outfit look smart.
6. Vests: where would my autumn wardrobe be without vests? I love a good puffer vest for comfort or a fuzzy vest to complete a look when dressing in September, October, and November. When it gets really cold come December, I even layer vests under coats for extra warmth.
7. Riding boots: riding boots are a tried and true wardrobe staple. You can head out in the morning and wear them all day without your feet hurting because they always have a low heel. I think riding boots look great over jeans or suede pants as well as under long dresses or midi skirts.
I hope this post helped inspire your fall wardrobe! Happy autumn shopping! I don’t know about you, but I sure am counting down until fall leaves!