Best Friday! I got out for summer break on Wednesday so my main teacher perk is in full swing! I have a few pieces of exciting news to share… next year, I’ll be moving from teaching second grade to teaching kindergarten. I can’t wait to spend my days with even younger little ones! I’m also excited to share that I’ll be traveling a lot this summer to New York City, the Hamptons, Aspen, Vietnam, Bali, Jackson Hole, and Charleston. I’d be touched to have you following along with everything on here, on Instagram, and now on Snapchat (@ jilliana5590). Speaking of Charleston, I had the best time there last weekend on my impromptu trip. My last exciting piece of news happens to involve yours truly in Charleston! Stay tuned for next Wednesday’s post as I’ll be sharing something about Charleston that has had me over the moon all week. Happy weekend loves! I’m off to Laguna Beach for a few days! Thanks for reading my news + highlights from the week are below.
1. Global bucket list: the annual World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards was released this week. (bloomberg.com)
2. Your phone is about to get 72 new emojis! Still no glass of rosé and still no lobster… (telegraph.co.uk)
3. Reese Witherspoon’s guide to Nashville. (mydomaine.com)
5. Seven simple food rules for a long, happy, healthy life. (midbodygreen.com)
6. A beautiful post about surviving miscarriage. I just love Julia! (lemonstripes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Now this is a perfectly classic ankle strap heel (for under $90).
2. A piece of advice: buy these tassel earrings. They come in the cutest colors!
3. Pom pom tote bags are back in stock! You’ve seen mine here. 🙂
4. multicolor tie sandals for $34.
5. My favorite clutch from springtime has been out of stock for weeks but it’s finally available again!
6. Blue and white shades.
7. I love this fringe tunic for the Fourth of July.
8. Americana vibes: a whole shop full of red, white, and blue pieces!
With Love From R&R:
1. I posted one of my favorite outfit posts this week featuring my everyday summer uniform.
2. A new installment of my interview series “Sitting Pretty With” went live on Wednesday. I chatted it up with my fave NYC blogger gal Lauren Nelson.
3. I’m on Snapchat, y’all! You can catch me at ‘jilliana5590’ to follow the fun (I hope it’s fun!). If you look now you can see my snaps from an event at Blushington I attended last night!
4. Last week’s highlights: a gorgeous blogger studio tour, a breathtaking Italian wedding, french toast donuts, and the best time of day to work out.
6. When you match the blue walls and doors around you, you smile from ear to ear.
7. I returned home from Charleston to these pretties from Edwin.
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites: