February is one of those transition months that can be hard to shop for. Many of us are still living through winter while others are starting to see spring pop its head in to say hello. Regardless of the weather you’re experiencing, the one thing I know is that during wardrobe transition months, I always shop ahead and get prepped for the season to come.
During transitions, in weather or in life, I always feel inspired by what is next. In this case, I’m inspired by the new styles I see streaming onto every retailer’s site and into every retailer’s storefront because I start dreaming of all the times, places, and events I will wear the new items when the weather warms. It’s such a great feeling to feel prepared and to know you can reach for new pieces in your closet right when spring hits.
In February, the only time I shop for winter clothes is if I buy something on super sale that I know I’ll love the following winter… always a classic piece that won’t look outdated in 10 months like a simple coat or fur stole. So, here is my February Edit 2018 full of beautiful pieces I’m planning to wear this spring and into summer. I’m so inspired by soft pinks and blues… spring is in the air in Charleston!
White Top / Stripe Dress (also love this stripe jumpsuit) / Raffia Heeled Sandals / Stripe Sweater (also love this one for less) / Blue Earrings (also love these one sale) / Bikini Top & Bottom / Pink Purse (also love this one) / Wicker Purse (also love this one) / Blue Top / Wedges (lots more colors here) / Trench Coat (also love this one)
Get the February Edit 2018 look:
February Edit 2018
– White Top: this flowy white top with simple blue embroidery will be so cute for spring. It’s the easiest pieces to toss on with jean shorts, white jeans, or tucked into a flowy maxi skirt.
– Stripe Dress: Rebecca Taylor is one of my absolute favorite designers to shop during spring and summer. She just nails those seasons! This stripe dress is so classic and I love the lightly fitted silhouette. Rebecca Taylor also released this adorable blue and white jumpsuit… obsessed! In terms of dresses for spring, I also have my eye on these other two bright, printed dresses: one, two.
– Stripe Sweater: While transitioning from winter to spring, sweaters are essential! However, I like to start wearing more colorful sweaters this time of year as a welcome change to the neutral or dark sweaters I wore are all winter. I also love these three similar styles for less: one, two, three.
– Blue Earrings: Rebecca De Ravenel is the best earrings designer right now (other than Hart Hagerty!). These blue earrings are my current #1 spring wish list item! I simply love them. Also to note, these blue earrings by Rebecca are on sale!
– Bikini Top & Bottom: I shared this bikini on Sunday as part of my Weekend Reads post and had to share it again because I’m still dying over it. It is part of artist Dorothy Shain’s swimwear collaboration with Anthropologie. The whole collection is fabulous!
– Wicker Purse: it is safe to say that the straw, raffia, wicker, bamboo purse obsession isn’t going anywhere this spring and summer. So, scoop one up now that you can expect to carry through September! I cannot get enough of the shape of this wicker purse although I have a crush on this straw purse as well.
– Blue Top: this top is simple yet so fun and playful. I love the bold blue color and the little bow detail with the slightly puffed sleeves. An all around hit in my book! I also love this blue top for spring to wear with skirts.
– Wedges: if you feel like you’re seeing these wedges everywhere, then you’re right… you are! For good reason too. I snagged this pair last year (as seen here) and got so much wear out of them that I have my heart set on adding another color to my closet this year. These peach wedges just scream spring but you can find a ton more colors here. P.S. they stretch out so if you are generally between two sizes, then I recommend sizing down.
– Trench Coat: get ready for some spring showers everyone! We need the spring showers so the season will come alive with beautiful blooms. You’ll need a lightweight trench coat for those drizzly days. I love these three styles and you can’t beat the prices: one, two, three.
P.S. the first day of spring is March 20th so we’ve still got one month of transitioning to do. Time to prep now! xx