Hi friends! Today, I want to let y’all get to know me a little better. My about page – check it out! – and my Instagram are two glimpses into my life but here is a little more inside scoop on me with 25 things you don’t know about me. I’d love to hear more about you too so feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the post!
1. I named my blog Rhyme & Reason after two characters in my favorite childhood book, The Phantom Tollbooth. In the book, there are two princesses, Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason… so I brought a piece of my childhood to my adulthood.
3. Although I write this blog, my actual job is being a second grade teacher.
4. I went to the University of Colorado and am a big Buffs fan!
5. I’m a travel fanatic! Anytime I have a school holiday or break you can count on me skipping town. For my two month summer break this year, I moved to NYC from Los Angeles! I’ve also been to 28 states and 24 countries! Pssst, I have exciting travel news coming to the blog soon… stay tuned!
6. If I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life (that wasn’t a department store) I’d pick J.Crew. Hands down.
7. Brunch is my favorite meal of the week.
8. I’ve been best friends with my best friend/roommate since I was 5 years old.
9. I collect pennies… the ones you pay 50 cents for and then you get a design smashed onto a penny.
12. I, regretfully, don’t know my left from my right.
13. My favorite color scheme is blue and white.
14. I double majored in college in History & Psychology.
15. I have a Masters in teaching.
16. I love dogs. I don’t love cats.
17. When I’m older, I plan to audit college history classes… I actually can’t wait!
18. My parents have been married for 27 years.
19. I’ve probably seen every season of Sex and the City ten times. It never gets old.
20. I’m from Phoenix, Az… it was an amazing place to grow up.
21. The #1 place on my list of places to travel to is the Maldives. A girl can dream.
23. When I get married, it will be in Phoenix, AZ or in the South.
24. The South is my favorite part of the US.
25. My favorite foods are sushi and hamburgers… I astonish people because I put peanut butter and ketchup on my hamburgers.
Photography by Valorie Darling