dHi friends! Today, I thought it would be fun to share a few fun tid bits with y’all. My about page – check it out! – and my Instagram are two glimpses into my life but here is a little more inside scoop on me with 25 things you don’t know about me. If you read Rhyme & Reason often, then you’ll know the more general facts below (wedding, Maybelle etc.) but some points might be new to you! I can’t tell you how much I love connecting with and e-meeting you too so feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the post with a fact about you!
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I named my blog Rhyme & Reason after two characters in my favorite childhood book, The Phantom Tollbooth… Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason.
5. We have a yellow lab named Maybelle who is the apple of our eyes! She was born June 22, 2017.
6. Our wedding china set is Herend Chinese Bouquet in blue.
7. I’m a godmother to my niece and it’s one of the greatest honors of my life.
8. My mom, sister, and I take a mother daughter trip every year.
9. Of my very best friends, I’ve known three since I was two years old and one since I was five years old.
10. I went to the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado and am a forever Buffs fan! I met my best college friends in my sorority at Boulder.
11. I double majored in History and Psychology in college.
12. I have a Masters in Teaching.
13. I’m named for my grandfather and grandmother. My grandpa was named Julian so I am Jillian. My middle name is Anne, which was my grandma’s middle name.
14. My birthday is Cinco de Mayo.
15. I’m a Taurus very through and through.
16. My favorite season is fall. I absolutely flip for it!
17. My five favorite places are Charleston, Jackson Hole, Nantucket, New York City, and Woodstock (VT). They all happen to be stateside!
18. My favorite rom com is You’ve Got Mail.
19. I collect a few things: spongeware, pressed pennies, and matchbooks from restaurants, bars, hotels etc. (among other things).
20. I love prints and patterns, particularly florals and stripes. If the pattern can be found on window treatments or a tablecloth, then I’m probably wearing it.
21. I have a crippling sweet tooth.
22. I eat dark chocolate every single day but I’m actually really drawn to fruity flavors and fruity sweets.
23. I love condiments. My favorite is ketchup.
24. I can’t tell my left from my right.
25. I don’t know how to properly type. It’s horrible! I’m teaching myself this fall.
Get my look + more pink dress for the end of summer & early fall:
Photography by Edwin Eversole