I honestly never thought I’d be writing this post! If you read our moving announcement from earlier this week, then you know that Edwin works in the film industry so we always thought we were LA folk. While we will most likely be heading back to Los Angeles in the future, we’re starting such a fun adventure now by moving to Charleston! Upon leaving Los Angeles, I got more sad than I ever thought I would and immediately felt like I missed the city… it has been pretty good to me the last 5+ years! So, I’ve reflected and come up with 10 things I will miss about Los Angeles… p.s. I’m wearing my favorite party skirt (on sale! more colors and sizes here) and the softest scoop neck tank (on sale! last seen here) that I constantly pair with skirts and throw on under denim jackets.
1) Friendships and Family: Edwin and I are both so lucky to have so many amazing and lifelong friends in LA. Four of my oldest childhood friends ended up in LA too along with a bunch of newer friends I’ve made over the years. We also love spending time with our families in Los Angeles (my aunt and uncle and cousins when they are in town and the majority of Edwin’s family). We are so close with Edwin’s sister, her husband, and their kiddos (our god children) so there were a few tears when we said our goodbyes!
2) My Apartment: Allison and I have lived in the same apartment since we moved to Santa Monica 5+ years ago (featured on The Everygirl here)! We absolutely adored it and cherished our time living together! She’s the best friend and roommate a girl could ask for! We were nestled in the cutest little part of Santa Monica, right off Montana Avenue. We blended our two styles (her more West Coast vibe and my more East Coast look) and created the homiest little California casita. The two of us also enjoyed everything Montana Avenue had to offer and spent so many nights walking around the neighborhood and dining at some of our favorite restaurants like Portofino, R&D Kitchen, Kreation, and Forma.
3) Supper Club: Speaking of restaurants, I will seriously miss the Supper Club two of my girlfriends and I started. It is one of my favorite things I do every month in LA and has really helped me get to know the city so well.
4) The Beach: The beach in Los Angeles is one of the most magical parts of the city. I’ve spent so many beautiful beach days in Malibu that I wouldn’t trade for the world. Edwin is a surfer so the beaches in the Los Angeles bay are very close to his heart. We are so excited for beach days to come around Charleston! After all, East Coast beaches are my favorite!
5) California Weekend Trips: One of the best things about Los Angeles is how easy it is to take little weekend trips to escape the city. Over the past 5+ years, I’ve been lucky enough to take weekend trips to Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Diego, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Carmel, Big Sur, San Francisco, and Napa (I’ve driven to all of them but usually fly to SF and Napa). Edwin and I are very much looking forward to taking little weekend trips around the South!
6) Museums: I think Los Angeles is the best city to go to for museums on the West Coast. My personal favorite LA museum is the Getty Center… the collection of art in the museum is remarkable and the building itself and views from the Getty are gorgeous. I also love the Norton Simon Museum, Getty Villa, the LACMA, the MOMA, the Broad, Griffith Observatory, and the Museum of Tolerance.
7) Outdoor Concerts: Los Angeles has multiple amazing outdoor concert venues that make summertime so special and fun. It’s really hard to beat the summer concert series at the Santa Monica Pier and the beautiful canyon venues on the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theater. I’ve seen so many concerts at these venues over the years, most recently a spur of the moment visit to the Greek to see Maren Morris and Sam Hunt.
8) Blogging Network: I’ve really enjoyed getting to know other Los Angeles bloggers, photographers, digital media directors, and others in the industry. There are so many hardworking, encouraging, and creative ladies in LA!
9) Workouts: I seriously love the workout classes I had at my fingertips in Los Angeles… big city perks. While I know how trendy Soul Cycle is, I don’t care because it’s so much fun! I also can’t get enough of hiking outside, Burn 60, Yoga Hop, Pilates Platinum, and Barry’s Bootcamp. I’m already planning which workouts I’ll do in Charleston and getting quite excited about it.
10) My Job: Last but certainly not least, I have to say my job. I’ve been so fortunate to teach at an amazing elementary school the last few years. It was hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful community of teachers, families, and students! Who knows, maybe I’ll be back there someday!
Get the 10 Things I Will Miss About Los Angeles look:
I can’t wait to have y’all following along with me in Charleston! xx
Photography by Kara Coleen