Who is going on a trip for Labor Day!? I’m going to be sailing around Catalina Island with some friends for the weekend so I’m planning to clock in constant sun and surf time! I hope many of you will be spending some time under the sun at the beach or by a pool as well. So, I wanted to share with you what’s in my beach bag (on sale!). My boyfriend always comments that going to the beach with me is a treat because I have everything and no one goes without a towel! So here’s a look at what’s in my beach bag… P.S. is it Friday yet!?
1. A bright swimsuit because what’s more fun than a flirty suit (on sale)!?
2. A Panama hat so you look chic while keeping the sun off your face.
3. A Turkish towel is a must for a full day on the beach because they are perfect to use to set up a picnic on and because they make for adorable props in Instagram pictures.
4. Mirrored sunglasses because I think mirror sunnies have been one of the most fun trends this year!
5. The most basic + perfect sandals I own – gold thong flip-flops. I’ve always had a pair of these J.Crew ones in my closet since I was about 10.
7. Sea salt texturizing hair mist so you can accomplish those perfect beach waves.
8. I kid you not, Ralph Lauren makes the best beach towels (think big and soft) + this is just about the cutest beach towel I’ve ever seen.
9. Face sunscreen because my dermatologist says the single most important thing I can do for my skin in the long term is wear sunscreen. This kind is awesome!
10. You can’t go to the beach without a beach bag. My oh my have I found the cutest one for you & it’s on sale!
11. I love a great needlepoint baseball cap and this one is so nautical preppy I can’t get over it.
12. A blue and white beach cover-up that’s on sale, need I say more!?
13. A beaded tassel necklace for a boho beach babe look.
14. I like having a long sleeve top or a sweater to throw on as the sun goes down. I also like mixing up my blue and white stripes with red and white stripes so this stripe shirt is perfect.
15. I always get in the ocean so it’s nice to have a cute rash guard for when I attempt to surf (on sale).
A few more beach bag items not to pass up: