Happy Sunday from down south. Edwin and I stole away for the weekend and headed down to San Diego to enjoy our negative 1 year wedding anniversary. This time next year we’ll be married! We’ve had the best weekend getting tipsy on champagne and wine on Friday night at dinner before we discovered a new neighborhood bar. We spent Saturday playing on the beach and paddle tennis courts before we made lobster rolls with lobster Edwin’s best man caught and brought over. It was an all around wonderful weekend. It’s Sunday so I find myself thoroughly enjoying life but also questioning why there isn’t one more day between Sunday and Monday. Cheers and enjoy my weekend reads!
1. I’ll tell anyone who will listen that New York City is the greatest city in the world. Don’t believe me? Read this interview with one of my fave New Yorkers, Amy Stone. (brunchonchesnut.com) P.S. this is another great interview with Amy. (nataliecatalina.com)
2. The photographer couldn’t have captured how happy this bride and groom look more if he tried. How beautiful and FUN does this wedding look!? (theimageisfound.com)
3. Lauren Conrad’s gorgeously bright Pacific Palisades house. Girl sure does know how to decorate! (mydomaine.com)
4. A girl’s guide to staying fit while pregnant. How beautiful does my future sister-in-law look modeling in this post!? (laurenconrad.com)
5. I love this interview with wedding stylist Cynthia Cook Smith. I love her ingredients for a perfect wedding and her engagement story! (toryburch.com/blog)
6. Raise your hand if you watched football yesterday (my hand shoots up in the air!). If your hand is high in the sky, then read these thoughts on tailgating and biscuits. (blog.draperjames.com)
7. My parents are trying the new Charleston restaurant from Sean Brock this week… I must must get myself there! (eater.com)
8. I shared this post on surviving miscarriage a few months back so if you missed it, then I have to nudge you to read it. After reading, click over to her fertility update from a few weeks ago. (lemonstripes.com)
9. A roundup of fall cookbooks that are not to be missed. (savvyhomeblog.com)
10. The best time to wake, eat, sleep, exercise, or go on a date. (telegraph.co.uk)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Isn’t this just the loveliest little sleep set ever?
2. No one has cuter fall clothes and accessories than Draper James. What doesn’t Reese Witherspoon nail!?
3. J.Crew is offering 30% off all outerwear and an extra 30% off sale styles this weekend. Tip: buy that J.Crew coat you have on your wish list! You won’t get a better deal than this.
4. I clicked around on Lulu & Georgia this week for the first time in awhile! I love a lot of their new art prints.
6. Loft is offering 50% off select styles to help you celebrate the Halloween weekend.
7. If you’re into bows right now like me then take a peak at Kate Spade’s newest arrivals… so many adorable pieces!
8. I have my eye on this cream plaid scarf!
With Love From R&R:
1. I’m hosting a Happy Hour Giveaway through Wednesday! It’s super easy to enter to win the cutest personalized cocktail supplies.
2. My all black date night look.
3. White sandy beaches + crystal clear green ocean water = 30A! Read my 30A travel guide for all the scoop.
4. Kiel James Patrick is offering all Rhyme & Reason readers 15% off with code JILLIANKJP! I love love love KJP’s preppy look.
5. I interviewed the Southern Weddings Creative Director, Emily Thomas, on all things weddings, the south, and balancing work with raising a family.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites: