It was such a great week and that’s all because of my sister, Sarah! In case you missed it, she is a travel advisor and had a trip booked to the Caribbean. Since I am a teacher and am on summer break and since it is the low season in the Caribbean, she got to bring me along on the trip. It was such a treat! We spent the week on Canouan Island in the Grenadines and on Grenada. Sarah had work to do on the trip and I got to tag along on some of it like the hotel property tours, which I found to be super fun and interesting. I will be sharing more about our trip in a post to come so keep your eyes peeled! In other news, I flew home overnight last night and am excited to have some time in Los Angeles this week and to spend time with Edwin! I also have a couple things I’m excited for like a blog shoot, a Supper Club dinner, and tennis. I hope everyone has a fun yet restful Sunday. Keep reading below to check out this week’s Weekend Reads for articles/posts on the most heartfelt bridal shower, a must-see new museum, a Nantucket bucket list, tips to get 10k Insta followers and more.
1. Mackenzie shared her bridal shower and I just about died. She received the most heartfelt gift. (mackenziehoran.com)
3. A great Q&A with one of my fashion favorites, Ann Mashburn. (huffintonpost.com)
4. Swooning over everything on Ali’s Nantucket bucket list. (adashofdetails.com)
5. Six ways people fight unfairly in relationships & how to productively argue in a relationship. (manrepeller.com)
6. Bloggers out there, are you familiar with Blogging 4 Keeps? If not then check them out because they write great articles on how to improve your business like this article on Pinterest that I read this week. (bloggingforkeeps.com)
7. Blog I’m really loving lately: Audrey À La Mode. (audreyalamode.com)
8. The museum every book lover needs to visit. (oprah.com)
Shopping & Sales:
2. Nothing beats a classic button-down so snag a silk button-down now from Equipment at 20% off with code SUMMER20.
3. I did a big shopping haul of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and bought this cardigan (backordered but will arrive just in time for chilly temps!), this bra (LOVE Natori bras!), these booties (such good quality!), these slippers (mine were so old!), these jeans (I needed a dark wash), and this coat (my favorite company for jackets!).
4. The KJP ‘Where so you Summer’ dress collection is seriously adorable! I want all the stripes and florals!
5. I have so many friends moving in the next month so I thought I’d share that Joss & Main is offering up to 75% off.
6. J.Crew factory is offering 30% off clearance with code EXTRA through Monday.
7. Really into these pale blue Nikes as a chic, comfy footwear option (for things like long travel days!) + Nike is offering 20% off one product with code 20BTS through August 1st.
8. I want all the KULE stripes!
With Love from R&R:
1. My wedding is getting closer and closer! In this week’s Wedding Wednesday post I shared all about my wedding diet and what I’m doing to feel great leading up to my big day.
3. I know it seems crazy but the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still going on (through next Sunday) so I shared a guide for the one item I ALWAYS buy in the sale: shoes (think lots of boots and booties on major discount!).
5. Earlier this summer, my mom, Sarah, and I took a mini road trip from Charleston to the charming city of Savannah. I posted my Savannah Travel Guide this week so you can plan your own southern trip.
7. Last week’s Weekend Reads: could you read 200 books a year, vintage postage, what to wear to a beach wedding, a guide to sustainable seafood, how to fix a pimple fast, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites: